Why become a member? ×

Guest oZZma

I want to make a gift to my bandmate that Is currently hospitalized: books! I want to buy him books about music genres/bands. 

The genres he his more into are grindcore, tech death, jazzcore... Stuff like that

But he is curious and loves everything that Is weird, extreme or experimental

He may find interesting both bios* (but they must be really FUN to read, not "normal" bios) and history of genres (he has a book about death and grindcore that he almost knows by memory :biggrin: I think this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choosing_Death:_The_Improbable_History_of_Death_Metal_%26_Grindcore )

Please give me some good titles! 

*As for bios: to give an idea, my initial intention was to buy Klaus Kinski's "All I need Is love", but I haven't found it anywhere in Italian :(

He would have liked that a lot... 

Edited by oZZma

Guest oZZma
3 minutes ago, davegriffiths91 said:

This Is Your Brain on Musicb by Daniel Levitin 

One of the most interesting books about music I've read

Geez! This Is a GREAT suggestion, I remember I came across this title not long ago and being intrigued, but I forgot about that!! THANKS! 

Guest oZZma

Thanks everyone! In the end I chose what was available in the book shop, a book about post-punk by Simon Reynolds, and "Lords of Chaos" :)

Guest oZZma
41 minutes ago, Panamonte said:

All Gates Open: The Story of Can by Rob Young & Irmin Schmidt.  More than a music biog - a really interesting and thought-provoking read.

I may order this for myself :biggrin:

I'm a huge Can fan.