Why become a member? ×

Pending: Super-light Cabs and Ashdown 500w Head: 2 x 1x15 Eminence Rig. Silly cheap too! £300
£325
Worcester

Moos3h

Hi all,

As per my other thread, I'm 'parking' my bass activities for a while.  It took me a while to build this rig but I'm so glad I did - and I guarantee you will be too.

AMP HEAD: Ashdown ABM Evo 2 500w Head - this has had all the output filter caps replaced by fixmyamp at a cost of £150 and has a warranty on that repair.  It sounds MASSIVE

CABS: QTX Cabs with Eminence Deltalite 2515 II speakers - crazy light but sound huge - the cabs are a great match for the speakers and it just 'works' with super-lows and really punchy, tight sounding mids and excellent highs.  These speakers are amazing and cost £260 for the pair, less than 2 months old!

Come and collect from Worcester!

P.S.  I'm 99% sure I sold a similar setup (cab-wise) to @silverfoxnik a few years ago with these model of speakers so he can (hopefully!) vouch for the quality of the tone and volume you can get out of them. (Nik, apologies if I've remembered!)

Thanks,

James

rig1.jpg

rig2.jpg

Edited by Moos3h

16 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

Wow - that's a quality rig James!! 

It wasn't me though that you sold a similar set up to @Moos3h

Wish it was based on this one.. 

GLWTS 😊

Haha, thanks Nik - I seem to have shifted so much gear your way in the past that I assumed it was you ;) . Sorry to summon you erroneously!

Cheers mate,

James

• Like 1

I have no way of weigh them annoyingly but they are SUPER light - approx 18kg as that was the weight of the units with the old drivers in and these are lighter.  Output wise the Eminence Deltalite 2515 II can handle 300wRMS

Thanks!

Cool - no worries, interestingly I couldn't find anyway that it's deffo 500w *RMS* at 8 ohms, so you MAY be okay - it says 'rated power' but naturally someone who knows those amps better may come along and be able to help further?

On 30/04/2019 at 09:38, Moos3h said:

Haha, thanks Nik - I seem to have shifted so much gear your way in the past that I assumed it was you ;) . Sorry to summon you erroneously!

Cheers mate,

James

Think it may have been me......
A couple of Ashdown ABM cabs with those drivers in (you were fixing your car outside at the time!)
Great cabs and speakers! Sold them on but shouldn't have........