Why become a member? ×

Casters vs trolley!

Wonky2

9 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

If I were starting over now, I think I'd just get a bit of ply cut the size of my cabinet, cover it in heavy duty black felt and screw in some of those bigger nylon/polypropylene wheels.  Portability and the luxury of being able to dispense with them after use. 

I'm thinking about doing that myself. My Eden combo and cab weigh a ton - I'm sure the drivers are cast from depleted uranium. At the moment, I have a dolly I bought from Machine Mart, but even with ratchet straps holding the gear on, things have a tendency to slide about. I'm thinking about a dolly with raised sides to keep things in place, with decent-sized wheels. At least until I can afford roadies 🙂

I use both. I fitted Ernie Ball removable castors to my Trace 1x15 combo many years ago and also bought a good size folding/collapsible trolley from Wickes (not the smaller Rolson type) for my Trace 2x10/2x5 cab.
Depending on the gig (if I'm taking both bits of kit out with me), I might leave the castors on the combo and sit the cab on top of the combo. Just makes it easier to move around, if required. Or I'll sit the combo (with or without castors) on top of the cab which, although the 15" is on top, still gives me a decent bass response. I'll also sit the whole lot on a Gramma Pad, if required. (See pics).

46620418595_bfa8f78440_n.jpg 46967465364_69166c2cd1_n.jpg

• Like 1