Why become a member? ×

Question concerning Schecter Custom Shop ? P-Bass (Assembled/Made in Texas)

DanTM

Hello everyone,

So I sold my Californian made Schecter a while ago and since I already regreted the sale when I sent out the parcel to the buyer I'have always looked for a similar bass to get hold off since that moment.

I know that the instruments made in California were top of the line and to get one nowadays for roughly 1200 USD in good shape would be a very good price.

I read that you have to be carefull with the ones made in Texas, right after the Custom Shop was sold to an investor group in Texas in the mid 80's.

Now I have the chance to get one but since it is a bass that was made in Texas and not California I am not sure about the quality. The serial starting with an A tells me it is Texan made and the headstock tells me that this is one of the very early models and therefore a qualty instrument. But, honestly I am not sure 100%

Unfortunately the pickups are not original anymore (Seymour Duncan) so that's a minus but still i am very much tempted to get it for 1200 USD

Is there someone here who can help me with identifying the "quality level" of this Schecter? Am I correct that this is one of the good ones made in Texas?

Thank you very much in advance
Dan

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG