Why become a member? ×

Status big up

steve-bbb

Just a quick post for a big up to Dawn and Rob at Status for helping to rejuvenate my beat up old matrix energy #844  - the original BP1 board sadly expired (with a teensy bit of help from my soldering skills) and Rob was kind enough to entertain finding a solution and had a spare 4 knob boardless solution - this required an extra hole drilled in the body and a battery cavity routed into the back - previously i had also swapped out the original passive J status pups for the hyperactive J versions. When i acquired it from another basschatter about 5-6 years ago(?) it also had an adjustable schaller bridge so that was removed and the original black/brass status bridge replaced

this particular workhorse has been around the block a few times and probably been previously owned by 'quite a few' - back then it always felt very nice to handle but the tone just wasnt getting there - now with the replacement pups and the 4knob status circuit it actually sounds exactly like it should do - so big thumbs up to Dawn and Rob for helping to get this sounding like it ought to - it may not be as pretty as miss myrtle but tone wise it's now up there with the rest of the status gang and makes a superb working instrument

IMG_1262.thumb.jpg.765c31be62c582d55b02d62a0f401966.jpg

knowing you lot you'll probably be zooming in on the pic to see what the cd's are 🤣

• Like 5

Dawn is lovely...I don't think I've ever asked her for something and she hasn't come through.

She was really helpful in getting Mark King to sign a bottle of Bass Kings Ale which ended up in the Herts Bash raffle - not without it's problems but she was fantastic throughout.

Won't have a word said against her...

• Like 3

23 hours ago, steve-bbb said:

Just a quick post for a big up to Dawn and Rob at Status for helping to rejuvenate my beat up old matrix energy #844  - the original BP1 board sadly expired (with a teensy bit of help from my soldering skills) and Rob was kind enough to entertain finding a solution and had a spare 4 knob boardless solution - this required an extra hole drilled in the body and a battery cavity routed into the back - previously i had also swapped out the original passive J status pups for the hyperactive J versions. When i acquired it from another basschatter about 5-6 years ago(?) it also had an adjustable schaller bridge so that was removed and the original black/brass status bridge replaced

this particular workhorse has been around the block a few times and probably been previously owned by 'quite a few' - back then it always felt very nice to handle but the tone just wasnt getting there - now with the replacement pups and the 4knob status circuit it actually sounds exactly like it should do - so big thumbs up to Dawn and Rob for helping to get this sounding like it ought to - it may not be as pretty as miss myrtle but tone wise it's now up there with the rest of the status gang and makes a superb working instrument

IMG_1262.thumb.jpg.765c31be62c582d55b02d62a0f401966.jpg

knowing you lot you'll probably be zooming in on the pic to see what the cd's are 🤣

My old bass! Glad it's still in service.

• Like 1