Why become a member? ×

Sold Wal Pro II Active E fretless on sale
£2700
Drammen, Norway

sinisar1959

Hello Basschat community!

I am looking to sell my Wal Pro II E, 4 string lined fretless. It is a 1979 model. It came to me from London in April 2011, a month after Paul did the service on it at the Electric Wood company in Fetcham (I have the receipt for the work done at the bass). The bass is in Norway. As far as I know, I am the second owner of the bass. The price is 2.700 GBP.

The Wal is in great condition. Original, no modifications as far as I can tell. Everything works on it and there is little to no marks or signs of wear - please check out the photos. It was never used outside my apartment since I’ve got it, as I am not active player, just a long time Wal admirer. It was well taking care of and it has never left my smoke free apartment. Comes with original brown Wal case.
Sarah from Wal company replied to my e-mail about this bass: »The official date is August 1979 - so you were right. Listed as Pro2E Natural fretless. I have marked now where this one is now located. I can also confirm that the receipt you attached is a genuine one from us. Paul remembers seeing it well».
Those who should be interested in buying it, please send me either a personal message here or an e-mail at [email protected]
Thanks.

Wal Pro II E fretless_1.jpg

Wal Pro II E fretless_2.jpg

Wal Pro II E fretless_3.jpg

Wal Pro II E fretless_4.jpg

Wal Pro II E fretless_5.jpg

Wal Pro II E fretless_8.jpg

Wal Pro II E fretless_6.jpg

Wal Pro II E fretless_9.jpg

Side dots.jpg

Side dots _ 2.jpg

Wal Pro II E fretless_10.jpg

Wal Pro II E fretless_7.jpg

Wal Pro II e electronics.JPG

Wal Pro II E electronics - 2.JPG

Wal case _ 1.jpg

Wal case _ 2.jpg

Wal case _ 3.jpg

Wal in case _ 2.jpg

Fingerboard.jpg

Edited by gary mac
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, oldslapper said:

Beautiful! Bet that sounds glorious. 

Nice to see a lined fretless with dots ON the fret-lines. 

GLWTS

This is a Beauty.. and I totally agree with this comment, its by far the most logical way to mark a fretless neck and the easiest to play too.. always baffles me why so very few fretless boards are lined this way.. GLWTS 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tradfusion said:

This is a Beauty.. and I totally agree with this comment, its by far the most logical way to mark a fretless neck and the easiest to play too.. always baffles me why so very few fretless boards are lined this way.. GLWTS 

I agree. Thanks.

And I also meant to say that the Pro models are my favourite of all the Wal range..

There's just something so individual about them compared to the Customs. 

To paraphrase Jerry Wexler talking about Aretha Franklin,

'the Wal Pros are all alone in their greatness! '.. 😁

46 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

And I also meant to say that the Pro models are my favourite of all the Wal range..

There's just something so individual about them compared to the Customs. 

To paraphrase Jerry Wexler talking about Aretha Franklin,

'the Wal Pros are all alone in their greatness! '.. 😁

😁

On 28/04/2019 at 19:51, oldslapper said:

Beautiful! Bet that sounds glorious. 

Nice to see a lined fretless with dots ON the fret-lines. 

GLWTS

I don't like the dots on the fret lines on a fretless. It's confusing to me because very few fretless basses besides Wal have that. Luckily not all Wals have them on the fret lines.

Other than that this is a great bass. In a great condition. Almost tempting!

• Like 1