Why become a member? ×

Belfast folks - advice / assistance for kit hire inc van

foxyFuze

Hi all,

Our singer is a bridesmaid at a wedding in late June and has been asked if we would go over and do a set for expenses only.  It'd be a flight from Bristol for the other 3 band members plus van hire, kit hire and airbnb.  Any tips for equipment and transport other than Bairds music hire I found online? 

Cheers!

It's notoriously crap for its transport links. You'll have to either get a bus or taxi. I'd say get the bus if you don't have a lot of luggage as a taxi will probably be about £30. Bairds will probably be best for instrument hire. There's a Dawson's and Matchett's. I think the latter only does orchestral instrument hire.

If you need any more information give me a shout.

Bairds have been in the hiring business as long as I can remember.  They have always had a good reputation.

There is another company in Belfast but they are mostly into big touring gigs not pubs or weddings.  (I can enquire if you wish though?)

Frank.

EDIT: Bairds will deliver and collect their gear meaning you shouldn't need a van.

Edited by machinehead

12 hours ago, acidbass said:

There's a guy called Stevie Porter who owns a company called Belfast Backline Hire - he can provide PA, drums and everything you need.  Highly recommended also :)

That sounds like a good option Danny.  I'm making some enquiries anyway from a mate although he usually does all the big Belfast shows and tours with Van.  He has done my band a few times but more as a favour. I'll know by tomorrow.

Frank.