Why become a member? ×

Where are you playing next?

josie

16 hours ago, BigRedX said:

And in case anyone in Nottingham is out on a “school night” my other band Hurtsfall are playing at the Golden Fleece on Mansfield Road tonight.

Are The Terrortones no more?  I enjoyed a gig of yours at the Jam café many moons ago!

12 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

Are The Terrortones no more?  I enjoyed a gig of yours at the Jam café many moons ago!

Unfortunately so. There has been no official disbanding, but Mr Venom has not been gig-fit for about 4 years now, and the last I heard he was looking at moving away from the UK, so any future Terrortones gigs or recordings are looking less and less likely.

All the recordings are still available for sale...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KevB said:

Flying Circus, Newark tomorrow night.

https://www.facebook.com/flyingcircusnewark/

Not wanting to put anyone off but we haven't rehearsed since the last gig in August and I've not picked up a bass in over 3 weeks as I've been away. Could be 'interesting'. A prospective new drummer is apparently coming to check us out as well.

Cracking pub Kev.

I saw The Achievers there earlier in the summer...in fact if it wasn't for the fact that I am travelling to Cheshire tomorrow to see them in the UK Blues Challenge, I would get a BnB in Newark and come to see you .

Have a blast

Ray

On 12/09/2019 at 10:05, BigRedX said:

All over the place:

Tour-Dates-2.jpg

Is the Rescue Rooms gig supporting Toyah? Their gig guide has her down for 26th. Unfortunately I don't think I can make it back to Nottm in time otherwise I would have come as I liked some of the In Isolation material you've posted. Unfortunately with venues like RR and Rock City wanting to use the space twice over on the same night on a Saturday the start times are getting stupidly early.

My band (Hoaxx) are acting as backing band for our singers daughter Roma (14) in the Ipswich Town FC Fanzone before their game against Doncaster tomorrow (Sat 14th.)

No idea what that'll be like, but if there's any Tractor Boys/Girls among us, then give us a shout!

P.S. I have no idea about football these days and my ITFC knowledge stops at Mick Mills, John Wark and Paul Mariner....so don't expect any footie banter!🙄

Edited by redbandit599

We’re doing a 40th birthday next weekend at a local golf club. It’s a decent room, I know it from my time as a wedding photographer, and it should be a fun evening. 

We don’t do private events very often, as we’re not what you’d traditionally expect at a wedding, birthday etc. Despite us being approached by the client, us sending links, mp3s, reiterating our repertoire repeatedly (try saying that after a couple of Stellas..) I’m still worried that the partygoers might be expecting a traditional function band. Only one way to find out...

2 minutes ago, taunton-hobbit said:

^ ^ ^  I had a local lass who tried very hard to get me out retirement to play at her wedding - she assured me that 'everyone loves reggae' - I can just see a Middle England crowd getting down to I Roy..........

😎

Drop some king  tubby in , they will love it 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BrunoBass said:

We’re doing a 40th birthday next weekend at a local golf club. It’s a decent room, I know it from my time as a wedding photographer, and it should be a fun evening. 

We don’t do private events very often, as we’re not what you’d traditionally expect at a wedding, birthday etc. Despite us being approached by the client, us sending links, mp3s, reiterating our repertoire repeatedly (try saying that after a couple of Stellas..) I’m still worried that the partygoers might be expecting a traditional function band. Only one way to find out...

I get it completely, we have done a few one off private events and wedding receptions. And were also far from what people expect.

We're usually pressured to take these gigs. We take them and hope for the best. The nice thing is the premium pay.

Blue

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KevB said:

Is the Rescue Rooms gig supporting Toyah? Their gig guide has her down for 26th. Unfortunately I don't think I can make it back to Nottm in time otherwise I would have come as I liked some of the In Isolation material you've posted. Unfortunately with venues like RR and Rock City wanting to use the space twice over on the same night on a Saturday the start times are getting stupidly early.

We’re the only support for that gig so hopefully we won’t be on stupidly early, 5 minutes after the doors open.

22 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

We’re the only support for that gig so hopefully we won’t be on stupidly early, 5 minutes after the doors open.

RR site say doors open 6:30 (10pm curfew!), I'm not going to be back in Nottingham until 7pm at least and then would have to bus it into town, have to leave it for another time I'm afraid.

56 minutes ago, keeponehandloose said:

Post up how it goes... Im playing there next Saturday... 

Awesome, great place, reasonable stage, but the onstage sound was perfect, awesome monitors, lighting not so great but that's a matter of preference. Most importantly very cheap local Ale! Enjoy dude it's a cool place 

• Thanks 1