Why become a member? ×

Where are you playing next?

josie

The Hairy Dog, Derby, on Sat 14th. Love the place, it’s a very well thought out venue, designed by people who understand what musicians need at venues. And it has a great sign as you walk in that says:

Rules of The Hairy Dog

Just don’t be a knut

(but written properly)

You know what kind of place you’re in when that’s the welcome.

• Like 4

My next gig is a week from tomorrow, at Cockfosters football club. An unlikely sort of venue for us, but we played there earlier in the year and got a decent crowd in, so we're doing it again. Being at the end of one of London's tube (subway) line helps, I think.

After that, I'm doing a one-off dep gig with my old band in Marlborough, then two more Grateful Dudes' gigs in Camden, October and December, and apparently the first Saturday of every other month thereafter. 

• Like 2

The 6th UK BLUES CHALLENGE - SAT. 14TH SEPT. 19 - BLUEFUNK R&B CLUB, POYNTON, CHESHIRE, SK12 1JY.

The Achievers will be playing as finalists in the UK Blues Challenge this year.

Link to tickets: https://www.seetickets.com/tour/2019-ukblues-challenge 

Other acts competing:

Ash Wilson, Crossfire Blues Band, Connor Selby, and Little Triggers.

" Each year, the UKBLUES FEDERATION organises a UKBLUES CHALLENGE to choose a band or artist to represent the UK at the annual INTERNATIONAL BLUES CHALLENGE organised by the Blues Foundation, held in Memphis every January and at the EUROPEAN BLUES CHALLENGE organised by the European Blues Union held each year at a different venue around Europe in March or April. "

Fingers crossed!

69879305_1338169046349123_5203253678244364288_n.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jack_Stroud_Bass said:

The 6th UK BLUES CHALLENGE - SAT. 14TH SEPT. 19 - BLUEFUNK R&B CLUB, POYNTON, CHESHIRE, SK12 1JY.

The Achievers will be playing as finalists in the UK Blues Challenge this year.

Link to tickets: https://www.seetickets.com/tour/2019-ukblues-challenge 

Other acts competing:

Ash Wilson, Crossfire Blues Band, Connor Selby, and Little Triggers.

" Each year, the UKBLUES FEDERATION organises a UKBLUES CHALLENGE to choose a band or artist to represent the UK at the annual INTERNATIONAL BLUES CHALLENGE organised by the Blues Foundation, held in Memphis every January and at the EUROPEAN BLUES CHALLENGE organised by the European Blues Union held each year at a different venue around Europe in March or April. "

Fingers crossed!

69879305_1338169046349123_5203253678244364288_n.jpg

smiley

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Teebs said:

smiley

And Me!!!

I have the stink bombs ,flares and police sirens ready to set off at strategic points,during the performance of the ,clearly, inferior acts cluttering up the stage after The Achievers have finished their brilliant set.

It's up to you @Teebs to set off the sprinklers if any of the judges show signs of weakness.

Should be a good night.:drinks:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cheers :D I wouldn't wanna be a judge here- lots of top quality acts on the night who'll no doubt be chomping at the bit to give it their all.

We'll do what we always do- just give it loads of gospel-inspired upbeat R&B goodness. If it goes down well and they like us- so be it. If it's too far removed from what they've looking for- then that's cool too :)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jack_Stroud_Bass said:

Cheers :D I wouldn't wanna be a judge here- lots of top quality acts on the night who'll no doubt be chomping at the bit to give it their all.

We'll do what we always do- just give it loads of gospel-inspired upbeat R&B goodness. If it goes down well and they like us- so be it. If it's too far removed from what they've looking for- then that's cool too :)

Looking forward to it :)

• Like 1