Why become a member? ×

Where are you playing next?

josie

Yes, there's a "Gigs" thread under "Performance" lower down, but it's easy to overlook, and it's a mix of where BC peeps will be going or actually playing. I've lost count of how often replies to "How was your gig last night" are "Oh if I'd known I'd have been there!" (including from me 😞 ) 

So would it be a good idea to have this thread here as well? Happy to take "No" for an answer... (mods?)

Plastic Mojo Blues Band will be playing the open jam in Tyldesley run by @12stringbassist tomorrow evening 🙂 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Probably at my own funeral.

Dates TBA. 😃

I have instructed my sons that my best live playing video(s) and my best audio recording(s) should be played at my funeral, with my favourite basses leaning on the coffin. 

Before that (I hope!) - Crystal Ballroom, Glossop supporting Victor Brox 16 June 🙂 

https://crystalballroomglossop.com/stormy-sunday-blues-%233

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Probably at my own funeral.

Dates TBA. 😃

I was in Monmouth for the weekend last month. I'd have come to see you (with three others) if you'd put a gig on. 😀

Although it was the Wales Grand Slam weekend to be fair, so as four Englishmen we might have been the only ones standing.

As for me; next gig is the Derbyshire Food and Drink Festival at Kedleston Hall. May 18th.

Not our usual type of event but the promoter contacted us and it's a paying gig. In real money too, not designer pork pies.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Our next gig isn't till 6th June at Speakeasy in Hereford. It'll be rockin', in a punkfunkno-wave sort of way!

58384340_286802845575779_381024420187078656_o.jpg

Great venue, but they’ll hold on to the cash for ages- be prepared to chase them up for a few months!

• Thanks 1

I'm not entirely sure...

supposed to be doing a gig at the Face Bar in Reading in a couple of weeks.  the band is a much longer and duller subject than needs to be gone into here, but it's me plus a few reasonably well known extreme metal musicians doing old classic rock covers, just half an hour for a charity thing in remembrance of a friend of the singer who died a decade ago.  We had a quick run through over the Easter weekend, went well enough and just need another practice to sharpen up before the gig

I don't know the venue so this morning I googled it to find that they have a booking that night, but it doesn't look like us and no mention of charity

I probably need to check that it's actually happening, right?

2 private functions for us this coming weekend. 

Wedding gig Sunday but the one I'm looking forward to more is on Friday when we're playing for the 60th birthday of the deputy chairman of Norwich City Football Club at this charming little venue:

Screenshot_20190311_225726.jpg

Our next show is at the Trades Club, Hebden Bridge on May 26th.

I've only just looked at the promo page the venue's put together, unfortunately it has the previous bass player in the pic!

https://thetradesclub.com/events/the-grateful-dudes-2?fbclid=IwAR1WzBn7oSujcGMtMSsB9-qm44am21MjeSsog-2Vj2xeI8OycS6sFMkuYjw 

And the following weekend we're at the Playing in Band festival, Plauen, Germany.

12 hours ago, Painy said:

2 private functions for us this coming weekend. 

Wedding gig Sunday but the one I'm looking forward to more is on Friday when we're playing for the 60th birthday of the deputy chairman of Norwich City Football Club at this charming little venue:

Screenshot_20190311_225726.jpg

Is that The Halls in Norwich?

• 4 months later...