Why become a member? ×

John Hall?

Ricky 4000

5 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Was he crafty? Was he cockney?

Do tell.

He was trying to look like someone who wanted to be noticed while looking like he didn’t want to be noticed. None of it mattered as I pushed him out of the way to get to the sautéed potatoes. I’m lucky as I’ve been around a bit and not too startstruck. Mind you, I met that Marsha Hunt once in the Manchester Travelodge and she just sat there while I filled her plate.

• Haha 1

Did he still use that very unique hand technique he had for darts for scooping up the breakfast components? I seem to recall he was from the era when darts players were relatively large chaps who wore bespoke smocks - often with large national flags as part of the design - not to be barged at the buffet I'd say 😏

Perhaps JH will be wearing something similar for the golf club event - btw are women permitted at the golf club?!!

Edited by drTStingray
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skankdelvar said:

Or because it's easier to put a security perimeter round the club house for when the BassChat Massive turn up, swearing vengeance? 

Pitchforks and flaming torches again? I'll get onto the Molotov cocktails in the morning....

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Billy Apple said:

He was trying to look like someone who wanted to be noticed while looking like he didn’t want to be noticed. 

Disappointing, isn't it? 

59 minutes ago, Billy Apple said:

I met that Marsha Hunt once in the Manchester Travelodge and she just sat there while I filled her plate.

I hope that's not a euphemism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, skankdelvar said:

Sounds like a plan :)

I would imagine so, yes. 

The question of who made the first approach is an interesting one. I suppose it might also depend on whether Mr Hall was already coming over here on other business or whether this is a trip designed especially to promote those new Rics with the Toblerone-shaped pickups to the bass-playing population of West Lancashire.

If you work out where the decent golf courses are and then find the nearest retailer you might have an insight into why a particular venue is chosen.

Edit: just realised that the events being held at a golf club. I should read these threads before I post.....

But it does kind of illustrate my point......

Edited by Skinnyman
I'm a plonker, Rodney

7 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Disappointing, isn't it? 

1 hour ago, Billy Apple said:

The other main one was Wendy Richards. We used to watch her from the tills in Selfridges while she peered over the top of her dark glasses to see who was looking.

The best was Joan Collins. Selfridges was her local and she was in all the time. No shades, no make up, nowt. And no one gave her a second look. She used to come into the book department and talk to Brian who had been a child actor with her and then worked most of the fly's in the West End.

One day she did a book signing and she came through the store on a chariot pulled by oiled Chippendale's while wearing a jewelled turban. Everyone knew She was in that day and it stopped traffic! She still spoke to Brian.

IMHO Ms Collins really understood the game.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

If you work out where the decent golf courses are and then find the nearest retailer you might have an insight into why a particular venue is chosen.

Edit: just realised that the events being held at a golf club. I should read these threads before I post.....

But it does kind of illustrate my point......

Outstanding work, Inspector Skinnyman. I'd not thought of the golf connection.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Outstanding work, Inspector Skinnyman. I'd not thought of the golf connection.

Logistics. Perhaps JH is thinking of buying that very golf course?

"Hall's Hurlston Hall Golf Club" has a certain ring to it - like a duff D string... oh no, that's Ernie's ball. Silly me. Please play through.

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, drTStingray said:

They must have ruled out the two royals (Birkdale and Liverpool (Hoylake)) as unsuitable then. 

Or Hall prefers Ormskirk Municipal....

Or Birkdale once hosted a wedding reception at which one of the band was playing a Rickenfaker....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

You lot are slow on the uptake.

John Hall is visiting at the same time as Donald Trump, because they know all the protesters will go after Hall, allowing the Trumpmeister a peaceful visit.

A penetrating observation by the Stubmeister. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Billy Apple said:

Mind you, I met that Marsha Hunt once in the Manchester Travelodge and she just sat there while I filled her plate.

11 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

Disappointing, isn't it? 

I hope that's not a euphemism.

No. It's rhyming slang. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...