Why become a member? ×

MIJ Squier JV Jazz, Mar '83 *SOLD*
£895
Margate

jay-syncro

MIJ Squier JV Jazz in amazing condition! 

This bass was made on 23rd Mar 1983 and has been extremely well looked after in its life. It's all original minus the neck volume pot which has been replaced at some point. The neck is an absolute dream, the small vintage frets and the radius of the dark Rosewood board make it a pleasure to play. The pickups sound full and punchy and can do everything from zingy slap to full on funk on the bridge pickup. 

These basses really do deserve the hype, they are beautiful instruments that capture that pre CBS magic at a fraction of the cost. 

IMG_20190427_163650.jpg

IMG_20190427_163614.jpg

IMG_20190427_163730.jpg

IMG_20190427_163626.jpg

IMG_20190427_163752.jpg

IMG_20190427_163801.jpg

IMG_20190427_163821.jpg

Edited by jay-syncro
  • Like 4

Lovely bass, in great condition. I can't get over how good my JV P bass is, and how great that sounds
This would be the perfect partner to my Precision, if I didn't already have my wonderful Roadworn Jazz bass

Sigh, this looks lovely in white with Rosewood board & Tort guard :)
GLWTS - I'm sure someone will snap up this beauty

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marc S said:

Lovely bass, in great condition. I can't get over how good my JV P bass is, and how great that sounds
This would be the perfect partner to my Precision, if I didn't already have my wonderful Roadworn Jazz bass

Sigh, this looks lovely in white with Rosewood board & Tort guard :)
GLWTS - I'm sure someone will snap up this beauty

Thanks mate, I've not seen many that are this clean. The photos don't really do it justice, it's very pretty in the flesh/wood. 

49 minutes ago, spencer.b said:

Lovely, what's the weight?

I meant to ask this too.... but thought I might end up being tempted
I must control myself, because I've just sold two and got one in. Must thin the herd ;)

JV fans, can anyone explain the difference between my bass and the one for sale here? https://reverb.com/item/23944001-fender-62-reissue-jazz-bass-jv-1983-white-japan-import

I thought the 'Fender' labelled JV basses were the very first models made in late '82 before moving on to the Squier logo in early '83? The bass on reverb appears to be a Fender with a JV serial number and yet was made a couple of months after my bass? 

I've heard quite a few people say that there are some discrepancies in Fender Japan serial numbers, and they can sometimes be tricky to trace.

The Fender labelled squiers of that era are certainly rarer than the ones with the Squier badge. Some say the former are better still. I've not played one, so can't comment there, except to say, it's hard to see how you could improve on my JV Squier P bass. I'm sure this Jazz is top notch too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jay-syncro said:

JV fans, can anyone explain the difference between my bass and the one for sale here? https://reverb.com/item/23944001-fender-62-reissue-jazz-bass-jv-1983-white-japan-import

I thought the 'Fender' labelled JV basses were the very first models made in late '82 before moving on to the Squier logo in early '83? The bass on reverb appears to be a Fender with a JV serial number and yet was made a couple of months after my bass? 

I’m no expert but these crop up a lot and JV denotes Japanese Vintage. I think the difference is merely in the decal - and the price! There’s a great website about JVs called 21frets it describes all the different versions. 

Interestingly yours has different tuners and bridge from mine. Mine has the spiral type saddles and early reverse tuners although the serial is same era! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Marc S said:

I've heard quite a few people say that there are some discrepancies in Fender Japan serial numbers, and they can sometimes be tricky to trace.

The Fender labelled squiers of that era are certainly rarer than the ones with the Squier badge. Some say the former are better still. I've not played one, so can't comment there, except to say, it's hard to see how you could improve on my JV Squier P bass. I'm sure this Jazz is top notch too

Thanks mate. I've dated my one using the trusty neck date method 😁

Screenshot_20190521_090446.jpg

18 hours ago, ash said:

I’m no expert but these crop up a lot and JV denotes Japanese Vintage. I think the difference is merely in the decal - and the price! There’s a great website about JVs called 21frets it describes all the different versions. 

Interestingly yours has different tuners and bridge from mine. Mine has the spiral type saddles and early reverse tuners although the serial is same era! 

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out 👍🏻

• Thanks 1