Why become a member? ×

PENDING: Maruszczyk Elwood L 4A J Style (Delano/Glockenklang) NOW WITH EXTRA FREE BASS! JUST £600!!!
£745
Worcester

Moos3h

So I just got this (see New Bass Day thread) at a bargain price and never got the chance to gig it, now the band has folded. ARGH!

PLEASE give it a good home!

It's an Elwood L (so chambered) with Delano pickups and Glockenklang EQ - comes with the gig bag and the case candy. Beautiful light weight and perfect balance, it's literally my perfect jazz.

Pickup from Worcester preferred but I may be able to post at your cost/risk.

IMG_20190421_093337.jpg

IMG_20190421_093326.jpg

IMG_20190421_093449.jpg

UPDATE 28th April - I'm feeling quite down about the whole band thing and getting fed up of it all.  As a result the buyer of the above is welcome to my backup bass too - a Westone Thunder 1A - it's been used, abused and butchered but it's a fun ol' thing that has had the active preamp bypassed, neck repaired and looks like it's been dragged behind a car for the length of the M25 ;) -  take it, use it, sell it, destroy small towns with it, whatever but I'm taking a break from bass for a while until I want to pick it back up again!

Edited by Moos3h
Price drop
  • Like 6

Hi mate,

Just read your reason for selling and felt the need to reply.

Sorry your feeling crap at the moment. I don't know your reasons for having a break and I'm sure they're justified, but maybe just keep one bass...

Bands can be a nightmare! I'm just on a break (since June last year...) because I got sick of the bullsh#it! It seems that playing music is a double-edged sword (sorry, bad analogy and I'm no psychologist); what brings you immense joy, can also lead you to times of absolute despair! I thought about stopping completely, but playing is like an addiction, it draws you back in.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that you SHOULD have a break, but leave yourself the option to pick it up when you want and see how you feel. I found that I'd lost all my confidence in my abilities (I'm not saying you have, but I did) and didn't want to even look at the bass, but after a month or so, I needed to play the damn thing! I started wood-shedding again. But hey,  on the flip side, when you've finished the book, close the cover, if you've had enough, then that's cool too, you made a decision. 

Sorry to intrude on your sale thread or sound preachy with my 'Jerry Maguire moment' and I'm not part of a cult or anything... lol. GLWTS, take care and don't let 'em drag you down, dude. 

All the best 

Freddy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...