Why become a member? ×

F/S Warwick Corvette $$ (please read description)
£300
North Wales

davegriffiths91

F/S Warwick Corvette $$ 

THIS BASS HAS A BROKEN TRUSS ROD

Everything else is in working order but the truss rod is cracked so neck relief cannot be sorted unless you take it to a luthier wizz. I checked with Warwick and they want around £600 for a new neck and the old one to be sent back. That said if you like a high action it's still playable. 

The body has a fair few scratches and dings as to be expected of the work I've put it through. Also the bass currently isn't strung as it's been sat in a case for a long time! This is a German Warwick from 2006 I believe. 

I'll be able to get more pictures when I am back home 2nd of May.

Thanks!

IMG-20181227-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20181227-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20181227-WA0003.jpg

Guest Marcoelwray
7 minutes ago, davegriffiths91 said:

Exactly what the luthier said!

Unglue is a top stinky poo work. Best option here is to take off the frets, delete the fretboard with a router, put a new truss, and then put a new fretboard in whatever wood. If I didn't hate so much to fret, I'll do it (and I can find both tiny and big brass frets original Simtoms)

But speaking of that (I'm thinking while writing) I think I'm able to find a pre-cutted and finished frets for Warwick.

Only wood remaining is Padauk for fretboards....

So, except for the time it'll be around 100£ max...

Would you give me that neck ? :D

5 minutes ago, Marcoelwray said:

Unglue is a top stinky poo work. Best option here is to take off the frets, delete the fretboard with a router, put a new truss, and then put a new fretboard in whatever wood. If I didn't hate so much to fret, I'll do it (and I can find both tiny and big brass frets original Simtoms)

But speaking of that (I'm thinking while writing) I think I'm able to find a pre-cutted and finished frets for Warwick.

Only wood remaining is Padauk for fretboards....

So, except for the time it'll be around 100£ max...

Would you give me that neck ? :D

Well if you can fix it I would rather keep this one than get rid of it! Shoot me a PM maybe we can work something out

I had a Warwick Thumb NT with a broken trussrod (seller on here didn’t forewarn). The bass gallery fixed it for me for just £80 and it was good as new. With it being a neck through it was a greater task than this would be. 

I would keep it and get a respectable luthier to change the trusrod. 

Guest Marcoelwray
27 minutes ago, OliverBlackman said:

I had a Warwick Thumb NT with a broken trussrod (seller on here didn’t forewarn). The bass gallery fixed it for me for just £80 and it was good as new. With it being a neck through it was a greater task than this would be. 

I would keep it and get a respectable luthier to change the trusrod. 

Careful older versions of Warwick have a removable truss, which is not present on earlier models. There is no other method as removing the entire fingerboard. You can even see the Warwick DIY on YouTube. Very easy.

On this one this is a glued trussrod covered with a piece of maple, totally stucked into the neck.

But, if someone has a quick fix for this, I will be curious to know how it is made...