Why become a member? ×

Explain ukuleles?

prowla

• 4 weeks later...

It’s like a small guitar with the E & A strings missing & a capo on the 5th.  Then the G string (which would have been the D string) is an octave up. 

Then the other uke is a bass uke.  It’s tuned just like a bass guitar. 

You also get tenor, concert, super soprano & pineapple ukes, but they’re all pointless unless you’re playing in a ukulele band (which is also pointless).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, xgsjx said:

It’s like a small guitar with the E & A strings missing & a capo on the 5th.  Then the G string (which would have been the D string) is an octave up. 

You also get tenor, concert, super soprano & pineapple ukes, but they’re all pointless unless you’re playing in a ukulele band (which is also pointless).

I guess that about sums it up! 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/05/2019 at 06:33, xgsjx said:

Good analogy. The uke will teach one lots about the guitar, for a start they encourage better right hand stuff as they don’t really sustain. I’m a big fan

• 1 month later...
On 18/06/2019 at 13:26, ezbass said:

There are those irritating little things that, as @ped says, seem to be ubiquitous advert fodder. Then there is the baritone uke...

Genius! I love it.  Even without the audacious fingering, it would still be great.

On 17/06/2019 at 13:59, ped said:

Who decided Ukulele + whistling = every advert in 2019

And 2018, 2017, 2016 2015...

Someone who really, really wanted to push someone (who, me?) to pick up a large, sharp machete and hunt them down like the monster they are. Not much actual music triggers my misophonia but this endless, relentless, hateful aural horror genuinely makes me want to kill!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

And 2018, 2017, 2016 2015...

Someone who really, really wanted to push someone (who, me?) to pick up a large, sharp machete and hunt them down like the monster they are. Not much actual music triggers my misophonia but this endless, relentless, hateful aural horror genuinely makes me want to kill!

Your username could make a catchy headline - was that your plan all along! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Then they should be burned with the wretched things.

To use a uke you have to have 'perfect pitch' , this is so when you chuck it into a skip it doesn't touch the sides....

Sadly we have two friends that are in a ukelele band, even worse for us we've been to a concert, only once mind.