Why become a member? ×

Status Empathy anomaly.

ironside1966

I have what I believe to be an old Status empathy 4 string It only takes one battery, Is this normal? Can anybody shed any light on why this is the case?  The controls are Master volume, Pickup balance, Treble, Bass, Variable midrange, Midrange boost/flat/cut switch. Like the empathy the bass sounds great if not a little under powered

Back.jpg

Full.jpg

top.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Maybe a very early version or a prototype? I know when I asked Status about my one and gave them the serial number they said records were a bit sketchy back when they were manufactured. Have you tried the Statii forum?

Unfortunately there is no serial number; I believe this is not uncommon.

I thought about contacting status but on their website it states that they cannot comment on older basses

1 hour ago, ironside1966 said:

Contacted Status.

I did not get any info on the bass but they assured me that that The 1 / 2 batteries does not affect the tone it's just the 'headroom' on the EQ that is improved with 18 volts.

Snake oil.

The only pedal I know that has 18V of headroom is a Centaur and that's on the output not the input.

Go straight into an amp and all you will have to do is lower the gain...

The Eq is quite subtle except the mid boost but it’s not really a problem has I tend to keep the Eq flat.

This is the exact reply from Rob Green. 

The 1 / 2 batteries does not affect the tone it's just the 'headroom' on the EQ that is improved with 18 volts. 

It should be fine as long as the battery is good. 

Adding another is possible but some work.

Edited by ironside1966