Why become a member? ×

Status Matrix Revamp.

Bassislife16

In the first instance I’d give the guys at Status a call. It’s worth a try they may have spares. If you have the serial number they should be able to give you some history and possibly get you a replacement sorted, or suggest suitable replacements for them all.  

20 minutes ago, bassfan said:

In the first instance I’d give the guys at Status a call. It’s worth a try they may have spares. If you have the serial number they should be able to give you some history and possibly get you a replacement sorted, or suggest suitable replacements for them all.  

Have just emailed Status to see what they can do!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Yes, that would by my first option. The whole bridge assembly look similar to the one on my Empathy and I’m not 100% sure of its origin. Rob/Dawn at Status will definitely steer you in the right direction though. From what you’ve said, I think the best course of action is replacement.

4D43C3A7-BED8-498B-9C5D-77436FC4EB88.jpeg

The saddles look exactly the same as on mine, bridge assembly & stringing look different 

4 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Yes, that would by my first option. The whole bridge assembly look similar to the one on my Empathy and I’m not 100% sure of its origin. Rob/Dawn at Status will definitely steer you in the right direction though. From what you’ve said, I think the best course of action is replacement.

4D43C3A7-BED8-498B-9C5D-77436FC4EB88.jpeg

As a replacement what would you recommend? Status haven’t replied to my email as of yet...

4 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I would translate that into ‘very busy’.

Why then, is it so difficult to say he is busy and doesn't want the work I could put his way. Because of that they have lost the sale of some parts, including a new pre amp. Probably won't be any great loss to them but very irritating nevertheless.

I had a similar problem when i was looking for some Status humbuckers and preamp, ( not for a Status )  but the descriptions were not good enough so i phoned and got Dawn. She was fine, but needed to ask Rob,  but i got vague answers back from Dawn, presumably relaying what Rob had said. I got nowhere, so i left that option and bought elsewhere.

Might be wrong, but i had the feeling i wasnt really spending enough money. If i was commissioning an expensive bass, i guess i may have had a better response, but  i cannot prove that.

They are a small quality outfit, and maybe i called on a bad day, but we'll never know, since i didnt bother buying in the end

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1

On 26/04/2019 at 16:53, BassBus said:

I'd give Dawn a phone. You will get an answer from her. Rob was behaving very strangely with me over email this week.

On 26/04/2019 at 17:34, BassBus said:

Why then, is it so difficult to say he is busy and doesn't want the work I could put his way. Because of that they have lost the sale of some parts, including a new pre amp. Probably won't be any great loss to them but very irritating nevertheless.

I have just had a call from Dawn at Status to explain the situation detailed above. This has been a misunderstanding on my part and no fault of either Mr. or Mrs. Green. I had jumped to the wrong conclusion and reacted badly. These things unfortunately happen on the internet and it's an example of a situation that should be talked about before you react.

35 minutes ago, Bassislife16 said:

I’ve sent Status two emails and still no reply as of yet..

Give them a call tomorrow mate.. they are very helpful, but as the guys have said, they are quite a small outfit and very busy, they will answer the mails, calling is likely to get a slightly faster response 😃👍🏻