Why become a member? ×

Fender Deluxe Active P-Bass Special - SOLD
£560
Edinburgh

Ian McFly

Hi,

I’m selling my Fender Deluxe Active P-Bass Special in Olympic white, it’s from 2018 and it’s in great condition.

It has an 18V 3-band EQ, as well as an active/passive switch. It gives you the option to play the bass fully passive (which I do, it sounds great), or use the preamp to tweak your sound if needed.

It’s fitted with a Precision pickup at the neck position and a Noiseless Jazz pickup at the bridge.

Fingerboard is Pao Ferro, and the neck profile is that of a Jazz Bass, super easy to play!

It has never been gigged and doesn’t show any marks or dings. It comes with the original gigbag. 

NO TRADE!!! I’m asking for £550. I can ship within the UK as well for an extra £10. It comes with the original gigbag.

Please message me if you’re interested. 

I’m based in Edinburgh, Scotland. 

Cheers!

21209A59-2276-41A6-B0D8-0000125571C2.jpeg

F72D91F4-EF50-484B-9E24-55FE5A7CB2C4.jpeg

F94C7A64-0894-4F6C-97B0-24F377FB9026.jpeg

3F2E07AB-5AE6-45B7-A2AE-28E6A85A37BE.jpeg

6EAA348E-EF4D-4213-88F2-BFFA010D9FC1.jpeg

Edited by Ian McFly
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, flippyfloop said:

Do you know the weight? 

I can figure it out, not too heavy to me. 

1 hour ago, crabman said:

Is that a standard P bass pick guard you're using following the mod to passive?

It’s a standard pickguard yeah, why?

I have a black abalone pickguard that would look lively on that, currently on a black and maple P that would suit the current b/w/b 3ply that I think you have on there.

And I need to pick up my daughter from Edinburgh Uni next month...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE DISREGARD all messages above about the passive mod. The bass is now back to its original setup - preamp and original pickguard.

Just like the previous passive mod, it has been done by a professional guitar tech here in Edinburgh... I wouldn’t be able to do that myself, I’ve no electronics knowledge!

I can throw in the second pickguard with the passive knobs and setup, if you’re keen to make the change yourself!

It makes the bass super versatile. The preamp gives the bass a bit more punch, and is very musical. The passive mode is a pure passive one, it works even without batteries. You get a faithful, classic passive sound out of it. The J pickup gives your P-bass more versatility. 

All in all a great bass, but I’m thinning the herd. 

That being said there’s a guy coming to see it tomorrow, but if it doesn’t happen, we can discuss!