Why become a member? ×

Bugera Veyron Q

Chris1127

Any other Bugera Veyron owners on here? I bought a tube preamp Veyron to use with my upright bass (K&K preamp and pickups) and have used it for a couple of practices now - questionable power rating aside its a great, punchy clean amp with bags of power however I have had a bit of trouble with it cutting out. It mainly happens on louder/faster sections particularly over certain lower notes, and happens irrespective of whether compressor is on or off. It happens irrespective of master volume setting so seems to be occurring somewhere in the preamp stage. It's almost like a limiter is cutting out the input signal completely, as it goes silent but then seamlessly kicks back in within a few seconds (unless you keep playing loud!). I bought it as b-stock from Thomann, so covered under warranty and they have said they will refund or repair (which will mean 4 ish weeks without the amp). Other than the cutting out I am really happy with it. If I mess around with gain, preamp volume and k&k preamp level settings I can get it running reliably, if quieter than I'd really like - but then again I am only running at 8ohm. I just wanted to see what experience any other owners have had with these before I decide what to do next.

TBH Chris I don't think this is specific to the Veyron or to Behringer. Other people have run them without problems, you have the problem one and that's why the previous owner probably returned it. Get a refund. Buy another if you still want one. Intermittent faults are really tough to track down and I suspect that this was simply returned, someone plugged it in spent a couple of minutes and said 'that ones OK, put it in B stock'.

I think you're probably right, it'd be a real pain if it went back for repair and they couldn't replicate the issue and just sent it back. It's otherwise a fantastic amp, I think stock is an issue at the moment so might mean a wait but I think its probably the way to go. I'd read a lot of positive reviews before I bought it,  but did also see one or two mentioning an issue with cutting out which made me wonder.

I have an awkward load in, no on street parking nor carpark nearby and very cramped playing area tonight. Cracking venue though. And they love the band. 

I shall therefore be using a rig I can carry through the city so the Veyron will be flying without a safety net tonight! One lightweight cab, travel bass! And just enough cables. 

I'll be thrown out of the bassist Union at this rate. 

• Like 1