Why become a member? ×

Best flight case for Aguilar DB751

brucethebassplayer1

HI All,

Just recently bought an Aguilar DB751 head and I need some advice on what might be a suitable Flight Case to house it.

I currently have a Gator rack case used for a previous amp but am thinking I would like something a little more heavy duty but not too weighty for it.

I have looked at (Online);

SKB Moulded Cases

Foam Suspended Rack Cases

Shock Mount Rack Cases.

Any advice would be much appreciate. Thanks  

I've used a Thomann own brand case (Thon) for about 4 years with mine.  It's great!  Not sure if it has shock mounts etc but it rarely moves off the top of my cab flightcase, either at gigs or in transit, so this isn't really a requirement.

• Like 1

SKB and Gator are much the same as far as quality/strength goes (as are all the ABS type cases). I prefer Gators because they cost less. Boschma are supposed to be strong as far as plastic cases go. I wouldn't think a shock mount type will be necessary unless you are going to be slinging it in the back of a truck. If you go for full ply flight cases, with metal hardware, etc, they aren't going to be light, or cheap. Up to you, really

• Like 1

Congratulations on the acquisition - fantastic amps! I use a DB750 in a Rhino foam sleeved 4u rack. It’s an excellent case and isn’t too deep - it’s also not ridiculously heavy, though of course, it’s not lightweight. They’re around £140 from Flightcase Warehouse. I’d strongly recommend - great, quick service and delivery too. You’ll see here that mine’s on a wheeled board - also from FW

81E6A8D8-0A53-4FE1-95CD-34A7A88BFDCE.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, three said:

Congratulations on the acquisition - fantastic amps! I use a DB750 in a Rhino foam sleeved 4u rack. It’s an excellent case and isn’t too deep - it’s also not ridiculously heavy, though of course, it’s not lightweight. They’re around £140 from Flightcase Warehouse. I’d strongly recommend - great, quick service and delivery too. You’ll see here that mine’s on a wheeled board - also from FW

81E6A8D8-0A53-4FE1-95CD-34A7A88BFDCE.jpeg

That's a lot of tone.