Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Hartke LH500 & Gator 2U Case. SOLD
£130
Littlehampton, West Sussex

Now SOLD - thanks for looking. 

Hi Folks 

For Sale only, here is my Hartke LH500 bass amp in very good condition and working order that is housed in a very snug and secure Gator 2U rack case..

Price wise, I'm looking or £SOLD or very near offer for this.

I received this in a trade from @WalMan last year at the South East Bash and it's a surprisingly good! I've tried it with a variety of different cabinets; my Ampeg 210, 115 and my recently sold Epifani 310 and it sounded great with all of them.. What's more, it works really well with all the different basses I've tried it with; 4 and 5 strings, active passive etc - it's clean and transparent sounding but has a warmth to it too. The e.q. is simple and effective and it's loud! Loud in that kind of punchy 'old-skool' Trace Elliott kind of way, which I really like. Oh, and it's operationally as quiet as a mouse - you can't even tell when it's switched on it's that quiet! And compared to my old Eden and Hughes & Kettner Class A hybrid amps, which had relatively noisy fans, this is a real treat! 

Anyway, having said all of that, I honestly haven't had cause to use it apart from a little light use at home when practicing.. That's because of my main gigging band coming to an end last December, plus the fact that when I was gigging regularly, I always used my Ampeg rig.. And now, I have a smaller combo for rehearsals with my new band, which is a more laid back, folky kind of sound. So, it's time to let this go to someone else on here hopefully, who will have need of it!

Some pictures attached but please let me know if you'd like to see any more...

Viewings and a chance to hear it in action are welcome and in Littlehampton, West Sussex if you're nearby enough to want to do so.. And yes, I'm happy to send by courier (at buyer's expense) if absolutely essential to getting a deal done. Sending by a fully insured courier service is the only way to go with that though, and that always adds a little extra to the cost so please bear that in mind.

Any questions, please ask here or send me a PM. 

Thanks for looking as ever! :)

Nik 

Here's the Hartke sales blurb about it:
The LH500,  has a classic 12AX7 Class-A tube front-end design with a solid-state output. Developed with the HyDrive cabs in mind, the LH500 also has more than enough power and tone control to drive any cabinet on the market. This amp provides you with Treble and Bass Shelving to give its warm tone a little edge. Or use the brite and limiter switches to further sculpt your sound. Its intuitive front panel also makes adjustments on the fly a breeze.  The LH500 packs a big punch in a portable, roadworthy package. A two-rackspace metal frame chassis, steel faceplate and handles allow for easy, safe transport from gig to gig. With the needs of modern bass players largely centered around volume and versatility, the LH500 is an ideal solution that gives you plenty of options to create the exact sound you're looking for.

Features & Tech Spec:
500 watts of power @ 4 ohms
Classic 12AX7 High Voltage Class-A tube preamp circuit
Bass and Treble Shelving, plus mid-peak EQ controls
Selectable brite switch for added high frequency response
Selectable limiter switch with LED indicator
Front panel XLR balanced direct output
Rear panel 1/4-inch effects loop
1/4-inch output connectors
Two-rackspace metal chassis with steel faceplate and handles
Inputs: 2 x Instrument (Passive, Active)
Outputs: 2 x Speaker (1/4")
Effects Loop: Yes
Height: 3.25"
Width: 19"
Depth: 14.5"
Weight: 23.1 lbs.

LH500 front.jpg

LH500 top side angle.jpg

LH500 front left close up.jpg

LH500 right side close up.jpg

LH500 side on R.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
Sold elsewhere

I'm quite tempted by this as I need something to tide me over whilst I get a faulty new head either repaired or replaced (3-4+ week wait for more stock). It would sit nicely on my hydrive 410 too. I'm in Devon though so would mean couriering - can I look into costs and drop you a PM tomorrow? Would it be possible to get a rough idea on dimensions of it in the case please for the quote?

7 hours ago, Chris1127 said:

I'm quite tempted by this as I need something to tide me over whilst I get a faulty new head either repaired or replaced (3-4+ week wait for more stock). It would sit nicely on my hydrive 410 too. I'm in Devon though so would mean couriering - can I look into costs and drop you a PM tomorrow? Would it be possible to get a rough idea on dimensions of it in the case please for the quote?

Hi again @Chris1127

Here's the info you need to get a courier quote, and this includes the added weight of the Gator case and the packaging, plus the measurements take into account a bit extra for packaging as well.. 

Weight 15kg
Length 46 cm
Width 56.5 cm
Height 17 cm

Hope that helps.. 😊

Nik