Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer PJ measurements

Guest Marcoelwray

Guest Marcoelwray

Hi guys, 

Is someone kind enough to give me the pickups position on a Steamer Stage 1 or any P + J Streamer?

I'd like to put this config (or P + twin jazz) on my Rockbass project but I have no idea of the original Warwick pickup position.

Thanks

Marco

The positioning on a Warwick is way further back than on say a Fender style bass.  I'll measure  from the front of bridge to the back of the pup when I can find a steel rule, rather than a tape measure... assuming you are fitting a W 2 piece bridge, otherwise you'll want measurements from bridge saddle centres!  ;)  

Guest Marcoelwray
6 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

The positioning on a Warwick is way further back than on say a Fender style bass.  I'll measure  from the front of bridge to the back of the pup when I can find a steel rule, rather than a tape measure... assuming you are fitting a W 2 piece bridge, otherwise you'll want measurements from bridge saddle centres!  ;)  

There's already the two piece bridge, so the measurements can be taken from anywhere! 

4 minutes ago, Marcoelwray said:

There's already the two piece bridge, so the measurements can be taken from anywhere! 

Since the nut is fixed and the bridge is adjustable, I've given you measurements from the nut.

Frank.

Edited by machinehead
spelling
  • Like 1

Guest Marcoelwray

Honestly the best measurement is, indeed, from the nut. It is used as a "stop" for the ruler and gives a measure related to the scale of the instrument, which is the most important I think.

Any further informations are welcome anyway, but thanks @machinehead, it'll be useful.

Hi @Marcoelwray, tbh @blablas is an incredible builder of basses. You would do well to check out his builds. He has a stunning collection of basses he has built.

Don't forget the 12th is at 1/2 way point in the scale length. It's easier to measure as you can measure it with a shorter steel rule. A steel rule is more accurate than a tape measure.

Edited by Grangur

Guest Marcoelwray
47 minutes ago, Grangur said:

Hi @Marcoelwray, tbh @blablas is an incredible builder of basses. You would do well to check out his builds. He has a stunning collection of basses he has built.

Don't forget the 12th is at 1/2 way point in the scale length. It's easier to measure as you can measure it with a shorter steel rule. A steel rule is more accurate than a tape measure.

Thanks Rich, maybe I'm paranoid, but I always think that a fretjob can't be perfect. But, whatever, for 1 or 2 mm, I don't really care. Thanks for your help old chap!

TBH I don't think precise positioning of the pups is too critical. String selection and hand position will make more difference.  However 77mm from the nut would place it on the neck, just about in the centre of the 3rd fret.  So I think there's a small error there. Maybe he meant centimeters  not mm.

4 hours ago, Grangur said:

TBH I don't think precise positioning of the pups is too critical. String selection and hand position will make more difference.  However 77mm from the nut would place it on the neck, just about in the centre of the 3rd fret.  So I think there's a small error there. Maybe he meant centimeters  not mm.

Haha.  You're correct of course.

My only defence is that I was enjoying a few glasses of white wine in the sunshine. 😉

The correct figures are 717mm and  808mm.

Frank.

• Haha 1