Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Hagstrom Viking Bass
£520
Barcelona

emilibass

Hi! Up for sale a Hagstrom Viking Bass in black in pristine condition: no dings or even scratches (as you can see in the pics); it has the protector film on the pickguard.  All original except the nut, which has been improved to bone for a better sustain and balance between strings. If I'm not wrong, it was made in 2013.

Some features that make them special are:

- it's a semi-hollow bass with 30.75" neck (so it's short scale)

- it sports two humbucking pickups with a 6-way selector which allows sounds from humbucking to single-coil.

- it has a resinator fretboard, a homogeneous wood composite which makes it easy to maintain and allows a better stability in the neck.

A good new Fender gig bag is included.

Cash is the king, but I'm open to trades (adjusting differences if needed): small and light amp heads like Quilter BB800, Ashdown RM500, Aguilar TH500, Genzler Magellan or the like. However, hit me with other gear, just in case.

IMG_2340.thumb.JPG.34ce65e89bd71bb91661b7fea002ba43.JPG

IMG_2341.JPG

IMG_2342.JPG

IMG_2343.JPG

IMG_2344.JPG

IMG_2345.JPG

IMG_2346.JPG

IMG_2347.JPG

IMG_2348.thumb.JPG.089ee9e654377a65af97ea8cb02865ed.JPG

Edited by emilibass
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought one of these basses in the wild cherry finish, realy impressed with the quality of the finish

the hardware is also good quality . i re strung it with thomastik flat wound shortscale strings

and it plays a sounds great .i have tried the Gibson midtown , and warwick star bass .the Hagstrom is superior to both in terms of sound and playability. so if your looking for a versatile  semi acoustic this is a great option.

mine has a similar serial starting G16 i believe its a 2016 made in China

ps. just about fits in my hofner verythin case , the machine head shafts are slightly longer but it just squezzes in.

GLWTS

regards

Jay

hagstrom.JPG

Edited by jay bass
more information

I bought a 2012 White Viking , 3 months ago . Was in a poor state , dings , dents , chips - what I would call many battle scars .

Gave it a complete set up , ( the neck had a 4mm forward bow - now flat ) new bone nut , rewired the 6 way switch and moved the strap buton to the top horn ( had to insert a block inside , but thats another story )

It has got to be one of the most versatile Basses I have ever had . It has now done about 7 gigs , and its great .

If someone wants a GOOD short scale versatile Bass , then buy one of these .

It looks gorgeous in Black............................

GLWTS.

me.PNG.cc4e60d56e01fe5c882bcea8c4e131c0.PNG

Edited by petetexas
  • Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic