Why become a member? ×

Neck Dive Tip

stewblack

3 hours ago, bazzbass said:

the suede thing really works, trust me

Maybe if you wear a sturdy jacket.

All it does for me is pulling my t-shirt and after a few songs it looks like I'm having a fight, and losing, with it. It requires a lot of concentration to keep the tummy in and pretend my stomach is flatter than it is...

It does not work for me, unfortunately.

• Like 1

I'm talking about a light travel bass so adding a little weight to the back end really isn't a problem. I have serious problems with a shoulder and neck injury also I'm taking about cycling to rehearsals with this bass. 

Apologies for not making this clearer. 

All acoustic basses neck-dive - attach strap to headstock, probably with a bootlace threaded under the strings above the nut. That works fine with an acoustic "look", but might look a bit silly on an electric. 

With my (semi) hollow-body EB2 and Jack Casady I find a wide grippy strap and very high neck angle (which is how I play anyway) are enough. My back/shoulder problems are nowhere near as bad as some above, but all my favourite basses are super-light and there's no way I'd add any weight to them. Or buy one that needed it. 

20 hours ago, mcnach said:

Maybe if you wear a sturdy jacket.

All it does for me is pulling my t-shirt and after a few songs it looks like I'm having a fight, and losing, with it. It requires a lot of concentration to keep the tummy in and pretend my stomach is flatter than it is...

It does not work for me, unfortunately.

hehe ok I get that my solution isn't for you :)