Why become a member? ×

Burns schematic / diagram needed from a Sonic Bass - 1962

pepe1001

Bought a lefty Burns Sonic from the second owner.

Laid in the suitcase for years. Soldering was done in the 70's by the first owner and not working.

Does anybody has a Burns schematic or a diagram or even better his own bass and can make a descent quality picture of this and send it?

Thank you.

Edited by pepe1001

I have one, unfortunately it had been extensively modified by a previous owner. However it looked as though the basic pickup circuit was relatively original.

Because the body is so thin, it wasn't possible to use a guitar-style 3-way pickup selector switch so a standard DPDT switch with centre Off was used instead. This means that some lateral thinking was required to get the bridge/both/neck combinations required. The result is that the "both" combination wires the pickups in series rather than the more conventional parallel configuration.

I'll be taking mine apart some time in the next couple of weeks, so if you don't get a diagram elsewhere, or are able to work it out from the description above, I'll draw one up for you then.

4 hours ago, BigRedX said:

I have one, unfortunately it had been extensively modified by a previous owner. However it looked as though the basic pickup circuit was relatively original.

Because the body is so thin, it wasn't possible to use a guitar-style 3-way pickup selector switch so a standard DPDT switch with centre Off was used instead. This means that some lateral thinking was required to get the bridge/both/neck combinations required. The result is that the "both" combination wires the pickups in series rather than the more conventional parallel configuration.

I'll be taking mine apart some time in the next couple of weeks, so if you don't get a diagram elsewhere, or are able to work it out from the description above, I'll draw one up for you then.

thank you, still have some proper cleaning to do and search for what kind of strings I want to add. Look forward hearing from you.