Why become a member? ×

New Rickenbacker Al Cisneros

bartelby

Hmmm...I'd best go quickly get myself a 'Berg then 😂

Btw - don't include me in the anti-Ric camp. I was actually very impressed when I picked one for the first time a couple of years back. Certainly blew the other leading bass (ok it was a couple of Laklands) that I was comparing it to, out the water in terms of tonal versatility and simply really good sound, and not what I'd gone in expecting. 

Edited by Al Krow

Their lacquer is different to most basses though, I saw a video review of a 4003 stating that the chemicals they use are strictly controlled, so they had a choice to change their instruments, change where they're built, or just build fewer of them, and they opted for the latter.

Whether that means the finish is higher quality, or just more environmentally unfriendly and/or carcinogenic is anyone's guess!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Hmmm...I'd best go quickly get myself a 'Berg then 😂

Btw - don't include me in the anti-Ric camp. I was actually very impressed when I picked one for the first time a couple of years back. Certainly blew the other leading bass (ok it was a couple of Laklands) that I was comparing it to, out the water in terms of tonal versatility and simply really good sound, and not what I'd gone in expecting. 

In all honesty, any £2k bass should be of decent quality. 

• Like 1

Dragging this back on-topic, and leaving aside stuff like the cool green inlays and nice minimal redesigned scratchplate - this is the interesting bit of this new Rick:

1716982898_RickbridgeAlCisneros.jpg.72024eba7cba5171359d9fca07b0e85a.jpg

Rickenbacker have threatened to produce a redesigned bridge/tailpiece for years - could this finally be it? The roller saddles seem to be the same principle as the Schaller 3D.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Dragging this back on-topic, and leaving aside stuff like the cool green inlays and nice minimal redesigned scratchplate - this is the interesting bit of this new Rick:

Rickenbacker have threatened to produce a redesigned bridge/tailpiece for years - could this finally be it? The roller saddles seem to be the same principle as the Schaller 3D.

There were people on a facebook post asking Rickenbacker to make it available as replacement part.

22 minutes ago, Jazzmaster62 said:

When did Sleep announce UK dates? Loved their latest album. 

Was announced about 10 days ago.

Thursday, 03 October 2019 Brighton Concorde 2

Friday, 04 October 2019 O2 Forum Kentish Town

Saturday, 05 October 2019 O2 Ritz Manchester

Sunday, 06 October 2019 SWX, Bristol

1 hour ago, bartelby said:

Was announced about 10 days ago.

Thursday, 03 October 2019 Brighton Concorde 2

Friday, 04 October 2019 O2 Forum Kentish Town

Saturday, 05 October 2019 O2 Ritz Manchester

Sunday, 06 October 2019 SWX, Bristol

So, how many folk are going to go and see them just to check out the new bridge?

On 22/04/2019 at 17:03, Bassassin said:

It looks like they've retained the not particularly great back-angle on the saddles, and the chunky bits of the mute assembly that make it hard to palm mute.  Those are interesting design choices!