Why become a member? ×

Have you ever ever seen such a niche product?

ubit

Yep.. For someone who's able to transport a 6x10 or 8x10 to gigs probably is able to also transport a stand without a problem! 

Although, I've always had the idea of having a rotatable bit added to small combos or cabs which would allow the neck to be rested up against it without risk of it sliding away. As in, the bass sits on the floor leaning against the amp, but this just provides a groove for the neck to sit in. When not in use it can be spun round so it sits flush against the top of the cab or bass. 

I'm sure that's a real thing, but if not, someone should make it! 

2 hours ago, Elfrasho said:

I've always had the idea of having a rotatable bit added to small combos or cabs which would allow the neck to be rested up against it without risk of it sliding away. As in, the bass sits on the floor leaning against the amp, but this just provides a groove for the neck to sit in. When not in use it can be spun round so it sits flush against the top of the cab or bass. 

I'm sure that's a real thing, but if not, someone should make it! 

I've seen a silicon neck rest that sits on any flat surface and keeps the neck upright.

5 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

To be fair, the website does say in massive letters:

Basshanger is made to hang your bass or guitar from the front of your 8x10 or 6x10 that's 16"deep

My point exactly!

2 hours ago, Elfrasho said:

Although, I've always had the idea of having a rotatable bit added to small combos or cabs which would allow the neck to be rested up against it without risk of it sliding away. As in, the bass sits on the floor leaning against the amp, but this just provides a groove for the neck to sit in. When not in use it can be spun round so it sits flush against the top of the cab or bass. 

Not quite what you're looking for, but I've got a couple of these which I use on my cab and desk. Not perfect, but they do the job. 

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Planet-Waves-Guitar-Rest/R3M?origin=product-ads&campaign=PLA+Shop+-+GENERIC&adgroup=GENERIC&medium=vertical_search&network=google&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=35122d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=127206560719&gclid=CjwKCAjwqfDlBRBDEiwAigXUaDFqb5mE5ueOY42IrqYQEw5e1Y-oklPFQ9UAF7Cv8hOse39uTTdgXhoC_csQAvD_BwE

preview.jpg

6 hours ago, StevieE said:

Yep, very similiar to that. similiar level of support but mines would be a lot more flush to the connecting surface, so that when it isn't needed it can be twisted inwards to be unobtrusive. It would need to be retro fitted and i would imagine a very thin metal base plate would need to be attached to the cab, so not sure how many id sell... and to be honest, it would probably give little support. Not sure Id even buy one.

11 minutes ago, steantval said:

You can also hang your goolies off it when you have lifted one of those cabinets a few times 🥴

That's what roadies are for surely?

(lifting cabs, that is, not sorting out your goolies - though if that's what floats your boat, then why not?)

2 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Apart from its limited appeal, it's an accident waiting to happen should someone brush against or walk into it. 

Which is true for ALL stands and hangers.

4 hours ago, ubit said:

I apologise then. I mistakenly thought that not everyone had an Ampeg 8 x 10

Not everyone drives a car so we don't need parking spaces?

The market for such an item doesn't have to be huge. Many backlines for pop/ will feature a 810/610 or maybe even a 412.

4 minutes ago, Bolo said:

Which is true for ALL stands and hangers.

The market for such an item doesn't have to be huge. 

Basshanger.com must be rich guys just having a little flutter on the side then ;)