Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Yamaha BBP35 — £900!
£1100
Isle of Wight

M@23

Price massively reduced, I really need to free up cash, before holiday/Park festival season properly kicks off and I've got to play every day & night!

Ah man... This is one of those 'I don't want to sell, but maybe need to' situations. This is my favourite bass I've owned. But, it's looking like I've been dealt early onset OA and need to get the lightest bass available or find another job! 

I'll double check, but this isn't heavy, it's about 9.5lbs, a shade over IIRC. 

It's currently the top of the line Yamaha BB, made in Japan. I bought it new from Yamaha London less than a year ago. It was the first in the UK I believe. 

It's alder/maple, has their newest lightweight hardware in a great satin finish. The bass is actually midnight blue, but tends to look more of a black in photos. It's string with D'Addario EXL170-5, as from the factory. It comes with a really plush hardcase too. 

It's passive, with VVT controls, but like with early BB's, the range if tones available is fantastic. 

It has 18mm string spacing, and the nicest neck I've played. I thought I liked a wide chunky neck on a bass, coming from a Sadowsky, but the Yamaha is something special. It's very comfortable and has a beautiful construction and matte feel. 

As I say, I'm not keen to let it go, but I'm struggling with my back/hips/knees... And this isn't even a heavy bass. Not looking for trades as I'm going to be looking at Sandberg Superlight series. 

I'm on the Isle of Wight, but Portsmouth/Southampton meet up is possible. 

Any specific photos/questions, please ask. 

Condition wise, there are no injuries to report. Neck and headstock remain completely as new, and there are no chips/dings/dents to be seen. The back of the body of the bass has some light swirling from my shirt buttons, but I couldn't pick it up in a photo. 

IMG_20180714_151859.jpg

IMG_20180518_161626.jpg

IMG_20190421_080351.jpg

IMG_20190421_080330.jpg

IMG_20190421_080308.jpg

Edited by M@23
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Have a bump on me for a great bass from a great guy.

Thank you. I've dropped the price on this one to £900. I need to move it on and order its replacement, before the replacement is gone and before it's 8 gigs a week season! 

• MB1 locked this topic