Why become a member? ×

Bassics BPA-01 studio quality pre-amp for bass *NOW SOLD*
£299
Totnes

Born 2B Mild

For sale: one Bassics BPA-01 studio quality floor pre-amp.  Pre-owned ones don't come up for sale very often but if you want a new one then Bass Direct sell these new for £425.

20190127_111953.thumb.jpg.07f19547b0d47a8424a1a4feb04078b0.jpg
You can look up all the specs and stuff but the big differentials over other pre-amps are:

1) it is AC powered
2) on the floor with stomp options
3) can take two instruments being plugged in at the same time (like a fretless or double bass)
4) genuinely studio quality

Then there are the dials that will illuminate when activated ...very useful on stage!
If you are not au fait with these then I can recommend this review by “Bass The World” but there are others out there.

This one was previously used by David Bowie's producer, Tony Visconti (verifiable).  He's still using a BPA-01 when he gigs but this one came back to Bassics because one of the LED knobs needing switching over, and a new replacement was sent because he needed it back fast.  Knowing its creator, Malcolm Toft, I was able to buy it from Bassics.

It is in very good condition but has been gigged, so there are a few minor marks.

20190127_112534.jpg

20190127_112156.jpg

Edited by Born 2B Mild
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Shroombass said:

Are you interested in any trades at all? 

Trades yes, but somewhat unlikely as all I'm interested in at the mo is a lightweight cab (ideally a PJB C4), an early 70s Jazz, and an electric Octave mandolin!

But hey, maybe I'm missing something that I can't live without but just don't know about it yet!!!

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...