Why become a member? ×

Buying British.

Chienmortbb

I see a lot of posts about problems with amps. Where the manufacturer is based outside the UK, the support is sometimes less than ideal. 

I have had fantastic support from both Ashdown and Marshall ( I assume their support of Eden is good too).

So how good are Blackstar, Orange and Matamp? Are there any distributors in the UK that are worthy of note? 

Although it was a guitar amp, the Matamp I used to own was a superb piece of kit, and the customer service was brilliant.

After a year, I ordered a replacement face plate for the amp. When it was ready, I took the amp over to the factory, they fitted it, checked the amp over, and then didn't charge me a penny for any of it. Must have been there a good couple of hours minimum. Good craic, excellent service.

Added to the fact that they also sourced a specific vinyl to cover the amp & cabs especially for my order.

2 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

All good to hear.  To be fair I was hoping for some shining examples of customer service from distributors too. 

When my Mesa 400+ was playing up Mesa Boogie, Westside and the Bass Centre did a very good job of looking after me.

I don't see lots of posts about problems with amps where manufacturers and distributors have failed the customer. There are a few but probably less that I would expect.

Edited by chris_b