Why become a member? ×

New Mayones mini basses.

Painy

2 minutes ago, cristian said:

for travel , practice ,go in  all place with this travel bass . have headphone out so you can play on bus ,park etc

But the fret spacing at the dusty end is very different to the normal low end on a bass, so in terms of muscle memory not so good. 

• Like 1

So essentially an "octave up" bass, and made to sound like a normal bass by use of a decent octave down pedal. That could work. 

Obviously, I would want a 5 string version to provide a thumb rest 😁

Edited by Al Krow

51 minutes ago, cristian said:

if you want to look will look if not not . i supose  is not forbiden to post or discuse about an brand bass or  website here  as all member done .

Totally fine, 

2 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

https://snap-dragon-guitars.com/folding-bass-guitars

29" short scale neck,. No more need to comprimise on cramped fingerboards. This also means the e-Bass can be used live.

04-JayneLloyd_ProductPhotography_SnapDragonFoldableGuitars_8053_cutout-001.jpg

58 minutes ago, burno70 said:

^^^^ Will check that link out later as I'm after a travel bass and it looks perfect for the job.

They're great little basses. Simon bought his along to the LBGS last year and everyone loved it (and thought we were selling them on the Basschat stand!)

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

I played these in the South West Bass Bash - they are amazing!  One day I’ll stump up the readies and ask @Jabba_the_gut to make one for me!!!

Cheers @Pea Turgh. I'm still tinkering with these short things - currently making a headed version that I'm trying 25 and 27" scales on. I'm also in the process of making a new neck for the headless version at 27" scale that I'll put on the other headless.

h0R5FDk.jpg?2

uQklY1L.jpg?2

I'll start to add the details to the build diary for these very soon in case anyone is interested.

Cheers!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

Cheers @Pea Turgh. I'm still tinkering with these short things - currently making a headed version that I'm trying 25 and 27" scales on. I'm also in the process of making a new neck for the headless version at 27" scale that I'll put on the other headless.

h0R5FDk.jpg?2

uQklY1L.jpg?2

I'll start to add the details to the build diary for these very soon in case anyone is interested.

Cheers!

Jeez Jabba, they look amazing! 

Edited by BassApprentice
  • Like 1

On 02/03/2020 at 09:55, ped said:

Anyway I have a WIngbass which I think fills the brief better, and as far as I know was the original half-bass :)

I have one too, really cool little thing and lots of fun. Sounds great through a Micro POG or an OC2, or for just playing chord melody. Really handy for technique exercises anywhere. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 20/04/2019 at 17:36, therealting said:

I tried a similar Marleaux at the LBGS show a couple years ago, and last year acquired a Wingbass which is a lot cheaper and more unique IMO. 

The problem with the Wingbass is its looks - cheaper, yes; unique (thankfully), yes; attractive (IMHO), no.  Looks like a headless chicken.