Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB3000 1986 Japan **SOLD: PENDING PAYMENT**
£1100
Hilversum, `The Netherlands

will4bass

For sale: delicious Japan built Yamaha BB3000 from the 80's. No issues. Great condition. Light/great balance. No case: can arrange for a generic one if desired (€50).

Nut width is 39,5mm which is smaller than the more usual 44mm. The weight is about 3821 grams on my kitchen scale. Not 100% accurate, but it is a light one for sure.

Definitely something special and likewise the BB2000 from this decennium. Shipping at expense/risk buyer well packed worldwide. 

Need I say more? Let me know!

IMG_0673.jpeg

IMG_0674.jpeg

IMG_0675.jpeg

IMG_0676.jpeg

IMG_0677.jpeg

IMG_0678.jpeg

IMG_0679.jpeg

IMG_0680.jpeg

IMG_0681.jpeg

IMG_0682.jpeg

IMG_0683.jpeg

IMG_0695.jpeg

Edited by will4bass
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, tom1946 said:

This looks like new, are there no marks or scratches anywhere? What year is it? It says 80's. Any issues with the neck please?

I have a mate (yes really) looking for one of these.

Hi Tom, I checked the Yamaha serial number dater and I'm quite sure this one is from 1986. The bass has some superficial tiny scratched which even might disappear with polishing... anyway it has been played but the condition is fabulous. Things like the bridge and the pickup covers are like new. Let me know if you want t know anything more. Oh yes, the bass is technically 100%. The truss rod works smooth and fine. The electronics are perfect etc.  

3 minutes ago, lee650 said:

Wow just Wow!!

Even the colours perfect😍😍😍

Photo's are just taken with my iPhone in subdued light (closed curtains during the day to avoid to much reflection) without any photoshopping etc. It really is that beautiful!

1 hour ago, will4bass said:

Hi Tom, I checked the Yamaha serial number dater and I'm quite sure this one is from 1986. The bass has some superficial tiny scratched which even might disappear with polishing... anyway it has been played but the condition is fabulous. Things like the bridge and the pickup covers are like new. Let me know if you want t know anything more. Oh yes, the bass is technically 100%. The truss rod works smooth and fine. The electronics are perfect etc.  

Dang - you've even got me tempted now!

Fortunately (for me) I've just counted and it's missing a string (phew!)...😂

I can easily put a low B or high C on it so you have the additional range you desire with the comfort of a four string...

43 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Dang - you've even got me tempted now!

Fortunately (for me) I've just counted and it's missing a string (phew!)...😂

• Like 1

...but it will still be missing a string whichever way I look 😁

It's ok Andy Travis will be along again shortly. He doesn't like 5 string basses. He loves Yamaha BBs. He knows he wants this. He also knows we know that he knows he wants this.

And it's been nearly a week since he bought a Yammy, so he's overdue...😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, woolf said:

I’d love to own this bass - would look lovely next to my ‘84 black BB3000! Unfortunately, I need to sell another bass before I do any further shopping 😭

What are you selling?

53 minutes ago, woolf said:

I’d love to own this bass - would look lovely next to my ‘84 black BB3000! Unfortunately, I need to sell another bass before I do any further shopping 😭

Who said??? Get your GAS together man, you're letting the side down...😉😉

• MB1 locked this topic