Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Please close. Tanglwood Elfin 26" scale mini P-bass
£80
Cardiff

Marc S

This tiny 26" scale bass guitar has an amazingly BIG sound. Ideal for teaching your kids the bass guitar, or if you are a guitarist who wants to play a bit of bass, and finds the long necks a struggle.
I've even taken this along as a backup! Honestly, it sounds just like the full scale thing! I've also used it with my Roland Bass Cube battery amp, in pub jams.
It's super lightweight, at just a tad under 2 kilos! :o and it's pictured alongside a full scale Jazz for comparison

These were made, I believe in the Samick factory, several years back, (happy to be corrected with that, if it's incorrect).They don't come up very often, as I was searching for one for quite some time.
I don't need it any more, because I now have an Ibanez Mikro 5 string that will replace it.

The beauty is, this bass also has pretty much standard spacing between the strings - so chunky-bass-player-fingered types need not worry - spacing is great.
This example is in mint condition, has fairly new strings, and comes with a really nice TGI well padded gigbag (also in great condition)

Collection from North Cardiff - or I can meet somewhere fairly local (I do travel about the area a bit)
I don't usually like posting - but, if you want to arrange your own courier - I might be tempted as I think I have a suitable box & packing material

Absolutely No trades please - I'm thinning my collection

IMG_20190417_173330668.jpg

IMG_20190417_173355127.jpg

IMG_20190417_173440313.jpg

Edited by Marc S

55 minutes ago, JWes said:

Is this tuned to standard pitch and do regular length strings work ok?

Concert pitch is fine, that’s how I’ve used mine. Can’t remember what strings I have on it, but short scale ones and not too light IIRC.

1 hour ago, JWes said:

Is this tuned to standard pitch and do regular length strings work ok?

This one is standard tuning.

Short scale strings. These were already correct length, but you may be able to cut down 30" scale strings

• 2 weeks later...