Why become a member? ×

Posts count not updating?

Stingray5

Question

The number count of posts showing in my icon area when I submit a post doesn't appear to be updating. Earlier this week it was at 1,191 and though I've since posted around 15 more over the last few days it still seems to be showing 1,191.

Most of my latest posts have been in the "Word association..." and "Photo Uno..." threads so posts here have been a single word and a single photo, respectively. Would these minimal posts still be counted? That said, I've also posted in the East Anglia Bass Bash thread but still no update afaik.

Just wondering if anyone else may have noticed this? Apologies if this has already been addressed (I couldn't turm up anything in a search).

Thanks, Steve

P.S. - ha, just gone up 1 count to 1,192 after posting this! :D

Edited by Stingray5

6 answers to this question

7 hours ago, charic said:

In certain subforums postcounts don't change

3 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Notably Off-Topic and eBay IIRC.

From what you say most of your posts have been in Off-Topic threads so that's why you have no increase in your post count.

Thanks for the clarification. I suppose it makes sense, although given the fact that the total number of posts in Off Topic (approaching 800,000) far outweighs most other forums on Basschat, it obviously shows where most of the chat takes place. No worries, to be fair I wanted as much to check if there may have been any issues which then got me wondering what my actual total count should be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stingray5 said:

Thanks for the clarification. I suppose it makes sense, although given the fact that the total number of posts in Off Topic (approaching 800,000) far outweighs most other forums on Basschat, it obviously shows where most of the chat takes place. No worries, to be fair I wanted as much to check if there may have been any issues which then got me wondering what my actual total count should be.

2,820 :)

• Like 2