Why become a member? ×

SOLD Overwater by Tanglewood Aspiration Artist 4 string
£190
Llanfyllin

Aidan63

2010 built Overwater by Tanglewood Aspiration Artist model 4 string bass guitar, fitted with TI Jazz flat strings, in decent used condition, body excellent, a couple of very minor marks if you look for them, a few minor dings in the back of the neck which has a nice easy playing satin finish. It's had a very minor fret level and polish and the rosewood fingerboard has been well oiled both when I bought it and cleaned and set it up with the TI flats and subsequently. I just haven't been playing it since I bought the Maruszczyk which I subsequently traded for a MIJ 57 P Bass so it is surplus to my requirements. This is Tobacco Sunburst or Honeyburst finish depending on your view of the colour, it's a lovely ash body, and a nice solid 6 bolt fixing neck that is a sort of halfway between an old school Precision and a Jazz in size and feel but with good dusty end access and 24 frets. On my luggage scales it weighs 4.46Kg that's 9lb 13oz in imperial. It is an active bass, with a Jazz type neck pickup and a MusicMan style bridge pickup, controls are volume, pan, treble and bass and the volume has a pull bright function. Typical Overwater design, this model was meant to be £600 when new, but I think it's fair to say the world in 2010 wasn't flush enough for a bass that was a bit different and same price or more expensive than a MIM Fender and most of them probably sold for less than £500, but they were pretty well regarded at the time and it makes for a great value gigging active bass or taster/cheap backup for the Overwater design. The bridge and machine heads are good, the pickups are potted with a copper mesh for shielding, the active electronics can be tweaked internally for volume of each pickups. The rear cover plate is foil lined black plastic and that has warped due to body contact over time, a well done wooden one would be a nice upgrade.

Asking price is starting price for negotiation, a lot less than it owes me, and includes UK normal areas courier shipping in pictured old hard case which isn't pretty but is functional as I have replaced the missing catch with a new Allparts one, if you don't want the case I can discount the price a bit and I'll ship it neck off. If you want to come and try it out here in Llanfyllin you are welcome to, I will be around over the bank holiday weekend and generally anytime.

Overwater Aspiration Artist Series

¤ Body - White Ash 
¤ Neck - 3 Piece Maple, Natural Satin
¤ Fingerboard - Rosewood
¤ Frets - 24 with 19mm String spacing (34" scale)
¤ Strings - Thomastik Infeld Jazz Flats 43-100 guage
¤ Tuners - Gotoh Style Mini
¤ Nut - 40mm
¤ Pick-Ups - Overwater "MM/ J Set" - Active 2 Band
¤ Controls - Volume (pull bright), Pan, 2 Band EQ,
¤ Finish - Gloss Trans

Thanks for Looking

WP_20190330_001.jpg

WP_20190417_003.jpg

WP_20190417_004.jpg

WP_20190417_005.jpg

WP_20190417_007.jpg