Why become a member? ×

NBD Maruszczyk Jake L

ezbass

So my attempt to abstain from any gear in 2019 purchases has fallen by the wayside (but I'm still sticking to my 'one in, one out' policy). This arrived today while I was out (even though I'd rescheduled the delivery for tomorrow; just left by my front door, out in the open - nice one FedEx 😡). It's a standard Jake L in Pino-alike fiesta red (although it does have non-standard MOP dot inlays, which is why I bought it from Public-Peace). As I already own 2 other Maruszczyks, this already feels like 'home' and is reassuringly a proper P in its output. Now I just need to restring it with my preferred EB Cobalt flatwounds. Happy days.

IMG_1224.jpeg

IMG_1223.jpeg

• Like 6

Cheers guys. After my usual hour or so doing the string change and set up to my preference (to be fair, it wasn't far off my settings anyway) it really is nice. Great sound, plays very easily and is super light (3.25kg) so super comfy (even more comfy with the very padded, suede faced strap that was provided with it) and the katalox fretboard has some lovely figuring in it, so it looks cool too. I even got a free Maruszczyk mug thrown in - time for tea!