Why become a member? ×

Billy Sheehan “wife” tribute

AndyTravis

Yeah, unbelievable...just affixed the neck permanently after a bit of a battle with the neck pocket.

and I’ve come to wire it all together and lots of life in the Duncan Pickups...not much from the mudbucker... I’ve missed the notch in the wire - must’ve caught it while checking the size for the routing.

so I’ll have to cut the wire, splice and solder and re-fit. 

If i’d not packed up my workbench and sent to the tip with the impending move. This wouldn’t have happened.

a bit of a pain. But lesson learned.

got to wait for Hipshot Ultralights to arrive on Monday.

then rehearsal on Monday night...hopefully 

Nowt much to report, just sorted the mudbucker I’d cocked up while the Mrs was getting ready to go out.

spliced the wire, re-soldered and heat shrunk. Quick test. All good.

think I’ll get it to rehearsal tomorrow as long as the postie gets me my machine heads.

• Like 1

Right after a traffic jam and two very upset little travs needing sorting for bed, I’ve no time tonight...missed my own deadline.

got two new drummers coming down tonight and I won’t have time to finesse things before I have to pick up the guitarist (his car is currently being sold for scrap as the engine is gone and it’s worth less than a new engine...he plays a £4000 Les Paul and a £2000 tele through a £1500 amp...but has a £400 car 🤷🏻‍♂️)

so. attitude and orange 414 as per. Not exactly a hardship.

51 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Right after a traffic jam and two very upset little travs needing sorting for bed, I’ve no time tonight...missed my own deadline.

got two new drummers coming down tonight and I won’t have time to finesse things before I have to pick up the guitarist (his car is currently being sold for scrap as the engine is gone and it’s worth less than a new engine...he plays a £4000 Les Paul and a £2000 tele through a £1500 amp...but has a £400 car 🤷🏻‍♂️)

so. attitude and orange 414 as per. Not exactly a hardship.

He has got his priorities sorted then...good lad!!😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

...he plays a £4000 Les Paul and a £2000 tele through a £1500 amp...but has a £400 car 🤷🏻‍♂️

And drives 30 miles for £50 gig.  I think I read a similar mathematical joke on Gearslutz.  Makes me chuckle (If I didn’t laugh I’d cry).

• Haha 1