Why become a member? ×

Need a little help... (J pickup template)

Guest Marcoelwray

Guest Marcoelwray

Hi folks,

I will need a Jazz pickup Template (Neck) in some time for my Rockbass build, but I'm quite broke these times and some new quotes for the works in the house are making my bass building going to a giant black hole.

So I should get one of these very nice StewMac's templates, but it's not free and I can add 30€ of customs fees (thank you Belgium!). So if somebody could lend me this just the time to make a routing, it'll be really cool.

Cheers

Marco

PS: of course I'll take at my charge the courrier charges, but I'm sure it fits in a standart mail.

I don't use templates, Marco, so unfortunately can't help on this one. 

However - a word of caution.  Do bear in mind that there is no consistency whatsoever across the makers of J pickups on the sizes and lug positions - there are even multiple sizes and shapes within the Fender ranges!  And for many makers - especially Fender - there are often no dimensions or drawings available on their specs

For a J nowadays, I never do ANYTHING with J chambers until I have the pickup in my hand!  I then use the actual casing to make my template or - more often - trace round it on the body wood and then Forstner and chisel the initial chamber before using a bearing flush bit in the router to achieve the final depth and flat bottom.