Why become a member? ×

Heads up! Great VST deals spotted

Mcgiver69

28 minutes ago, Mcgiver69 said:

Thank YOU! :)

I am always interesed in things to clean up vocals. I have been doing a lot of editing of people filming themselves in totally innapropriate acoustics on their phones for lockdown church stuff. I would be lost without the entry level Izotope stuff.

On 18/03/2022 at 14:29, Dad3353 said:

It does indeed work; thanks for that. The treatment given to vocals is pretty decent, and there's a fair selection of presets as a jumping-off point. Good Call... R91KekF.gif

way hay , a great chance of mine sounded alright then Dad , you'll be a fan soon , I'll send a signed photo :D

When I have found out how to transfer some more FX onto my new machine, I'll run this ERA one over it as well

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, DaytonaRik said:

Great bundle from Plugin Alliance for free - 

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/blog/blogpost/items/introducing-soundwide.html

Details on the page, plug ins include , Ampeg SVT, Brainworx Master Desk, Shadowhills Compressor and a bunch more FOC!

Implies yet another 'Installer' to download; I now have over a dozen of the so-n-so's. This one seems to work, though, without too much fuss. I'm using the option 'Download/Export' so that I can choose, afterwards, which of these 'extras' I wish to install. I'm not sure that I want The Machine stuffing all sorts of files and stuff all over my system if left to itself, installing everything automatically. I'll do it progressively, in my own time.
Good call, though; thanks. :friends:

Edited by Dad3353

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

... that will only install itself on my 'C' drive, which I will not allow. Their loss. -_-

Yes, the installer app is on the 'C' drive. But, during the install, you can direct the sound library to any location of your choice. Same with the VST files.

Even if you have a problem selecting a drive for installation, you can move the content after the install.

Do you have questions about your product?

You will likely find an answer here:

Open the drop down tab in this link.... HOW DO I FREE UP SOME HARD DRIVE SPACE USING THE ASC  

5 hours ago, DaytonaRik said:

Great bundle from Plugin Alliance for free - 

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/blog/blogpost/items/introducing-soundwide.html

Details on the page, plug ins include , Ampeg SVT, Brainworx Master Desk, Shadowhills Compressor and a bunch more FOC!

Lovely, thank you! I've most of the plugins in the bundle that I've had for free too, but the HG-2 and ShadowHills Comp I've never tried. 

1 hour ago, Dood said:

Lovely, thank you! I've most of the plugins in the bundle that I've had for free too, but the HG-2 and ShadowHills Comp I've never tried. 

Just the Shadhowhills and Oberhausen for me but others may benefit from a few new toys!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lowdown said:

... But, during the install, you can direct the sound library to any location of your choice...

Would that it were so. I downloaded the programme manually (it takes bloomin' ages that way, but... Whatever...) I install the programme to my 'J' drive. When I check, the programme is indeed on the 'J' drive, but all the data (2Gb of it...) has gone to my 'C' drive..! I've written a stern note to the Support folk, asking for a solution for installing everything elsewhere, anywhere but the 'C' drive; without a decent reply from them it will all be removed and I'll trouble them no more. I have a goodly number of programmes of all sorts (zeek, 3D, modelling, and more...), all of which are happy enough to run from the drives I send 'em to. If all had to be on the System drive, there'd be no room left for the System..! Why, in this day and age, they can't do simple stuff such as allow me to browse my own system through their 'Browse' button beats me. I'll see what they reply, and advise, but it's not looking good. I've wasted an evening, and am now riled where I was calm. I shall abstain from using cuss words, but %*@#&%*£$ fits the bill right now.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...!

9 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

I don't have the ASC, as it wants to reside on the 'C' drive, which is not permitted. ¬¬

Unfortunately,  there are some vendor download managers and license activation Apps that will only reside on 'C' drives.

It's not something that particularly bothers me; mainly because I haven't had a problem with any of them. Of course, that might change if I do. :D

Edited by lowdown

10 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

I downloaded the programme manually (it takes bloomin' ages that way, but... Whatever...) I install the programme to my 'J' drive. When I check, the programme is indeed on the 'J' drive, but all the data (2Gb of it...) has gone to my 'C' drive..!! 

Yes, I did notice that. When I restarted the 'puter, that folder ended up in 'Program Data'. But, it seemed to be just some kind of reference folder with a little green arrow in the bottom left hand corner.

My 'C' drive hadn't actually reduced (by 2.79 gig). Although, the '.exe' application stayed in 'C' program files , the Library was holed up in my 'G' drive.

A very strange carry on, but all working for me.

Hopefully, the Grenade you lobbed over to their support folk might unravel something that I've missed and, it really is an easy install.

Sounds great though..!!

:D

aa.JPG

bb.JPG

cc.JPG

Edited by lowdown

Anyone else have really horrible performance on the Arturia strings library? It crackles like crazy on my system, both in the standalone EXE and loaded into my DAW. Even with a buffer size of 2048(!) it's completely unusable.

Tested my other synth plugins to see if there was an issue with my drivers or interface, but they all work fine. My computer isn't the newest and hottest, but I've never heard anything like this before.

29 minutes ago, Naigewron said:

Anyone else have really horrible performance on the Arturia strings library? It crackles like crazy on my system, both in the standalone EXE and loaded into my DAW. Even with a buffer size of 2048(!) it's completely unusable.

Tested my other synth plugins to see if there was an issue with my drivers or interface, but they all work fine. My computer isn't the newest and hottest, but I've never heard anything like this before.

It's reasonable for me (no noises, crackles or pops etc). I do have a pretty newish i7 though (two years old).

Standalone, playing a five note chord is around 15% (bottom right corner):

1.JPG

2.JPG

Edited by lowdown

Update : ...

I've had a reply from the Support team, saying essentially the same as @lowdown above (install the Manager on 'C' first, then change the Data destination...). I have many (too many..?) 'Install Managers'; if each of them needed to be on the 'C' drive, I'd have no 'C' drive left..! I specifically upgraded to an SSD to improve my aging System; at the time they were expensive, and limited in capacity. I have 110Gb, of which 30Gb are 'free' for now, but it doesn't take much (when unpacking 'rar' files, for instance, or rendering a video sequence...) for that to fall off considerably. I take great care to clear away 'Temp' files that accumulate on there, and I already have a few Legacy programmes that will not reside elsewhere, for which the option was to use 'em 'as is' or abandon them. I don't wish to allow more to get to that stage, especially a 'new' programme that should be able to give the User choice in the matter. Am I being stubborn..? With my feeble budget, I have to be..! I've advised them to update their Manager to modern procedures; we'll see if they are capable or not. To be continued...

• Like 1

'Heavyocity' have started to release a free VST Instrument series called, 'Foundations'.

The first two Instruments are now available:

https://heavyocity.com/product-category/foundations/

Hybrid Piano:

https://heavyocity.com/product/foundations-piano/

Staccato Strings:

https://heavyocity.com/product/foundations-staccato-strings/

EDIT: I forgot to mention; you get a serial number so the Libraries can be used with the free Kontakt player.

👍

Edited by lowdown
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lowdown said:

'Heavyocity' have started to release a free  VST Instrument series called 'Foundations'...

Good Stuff, once all the hoops have been jumped through to install the installer (goes to the right drive, this one...), download the instruments, update the NI installer, download the Free Kontakt (my paid-up Kontakt 5 is apparently no longer useful; too old to play a free piano...). Install the Free Kontakt Player (to the wrong drive, so move it manually...), then invoke, again, the NI installer to give the Heavyocity serial numbers, needed, apparently, even for the Free Kontakt Player. All in all, another hour or so I'll not get back. Happily, once done, it works, and the sounds are decent and useable. I'm getting closer and closer to wanting to just play a real acoustic piano, though; less hassle than all of this rigmarole. Done (phew...), so result. Thanks for posting. :friends:

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, lowdown said:

'Heavyocity' have started to release a free VST Instrument series called, 'Foundations'.

The first two Instruments are now available:

https://heavyocity.com/product-category/foundations/

Hybrid Piano:

https://heavyocity.com/product/foundations-piano/

Staccato Strings:

https://heavyocity.com/product/foundations-staccato-strings/

EDIT: I forgot to mention; you get a serial number so the Libraries can be used with the free Kontakt player.

👍

I love these! Simple enough for my brain, and weird enough to be inspiring.

We can only hope that this develops into another LABS type collection.

• Like 1