Why become a member? ×

Heads up! Great VST deals spotted

Mcgiver69

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Stutter Edit included in it? I bought it for that, but cannot find it.

In other news, the rest of the Izotope stuff is now happily working in Logic/Big Sur/M1. It had not been for a long time.

Screenshot 2021-05-19 at 11.19.08.png

1 hour ago, skidder652003 said:

is this any good? i like the idea of an all in one type package. Anyone got it?

It's worthwhile if you're going to be using all of the treatments in there. As I'm not interested in stuff like 'Stutter', 'Trash', 'Beat Machines' or 'Audio Repair', it doesn't work for me as a deal, but Ozone Elements and Neutron Elements are very good (I have them already...), and their Reverbs are good, too. No problem with the quality of any individual Fx, but I don't need/want all that's in there. It's good if you need/want them, though.

It's a strange ol' one this, and something they do from time to time over at Plugin Boutique.

But, leading up to these 'Deals' you can usually get the VST's in question for free, then they are withdrawn.

Over the past year, I have managed to pick up Ozone and Neutron Elements for free. Trash, RX Elements and Nectar Elements free as well.

I did pay £10 for the rather excellent Phoenix Reverb.

I believe 'Stutter' was free as well. It does look like Phoenix Verb, R2 Stereo and Excalibur are never free, so perhaps, that is what you are paying for in this bundle?

EDIT:

Just to say, I think even at £44.00, it's a decent deal and you should find use for most of them, if not all from time to time.

Edited by lowdown

You will need the full version of Kontakt for this bunch of sounds from 'Audio Ollie'.

A really good selection of taster patches in two parts.

1) You will need to sign up to their newsletter and you will get 15 gigs of sounds for $3.00 (a one off payment, not subscription).

Taste — Audio Ollie

2) Then you can purchase the expansion pack for $9.00. (once again, a one off payment, not subscription).

Taste Multi Pack — Audio Ollie

👍

1 hour ago, lowdown said:

A really good selection of taster patches in two parts.

Once again, a bit spoiled by the delivery system. Yet another downloader programme to install, with its own password, and I'm now waiting for the 'redemption key' to arrive for getting the stuff. The expansion pack is a simple zip file; I'd want the Taste pack to be just as simple to get, or at least have that option. Am I just being grumpy again..? ¬¬

13 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Once again, a bit spoiled by the delivery system. Yet another downloader programme to install, with its own password, and I'm now waiting for the 'redemption key' to arrive for getting the stuff. The expansion pack is a simple zip file; I'd want the Taste pack to be just as simple to get, or at least have that option. Am I just being grumpy again..? ¬¬

Yeah, I forgot it was the 'Pulse' downloader. I haven't got around to downloading the expansion pack yet, I will do that tomorrow.

I've used the Pulse downloader before and it's pretty easy affair. One good thing about it is, it let's you know when and if any updates are available for any products that you already own.

I've found it to be one of the better downloaders.

EDIT:

I haven't opened Pulse downloader for a while and noticed a couple of updates waiting for me to install AND, a freebie I had forgotten about, 'Heritage Percussion'....:facepalm:

:D

Capture.JPG

Edited by lowdown

Just now, lowdown said:

...I've found it to be one of the better downloaders...

I don't doubt it, but I now have almost a big a collection of downloaders as Vst's..! They keep getting out-of-date, too, so need renewing when you next need 'em, and most will not allow to choose the destination for the download. My 'C' SSD is small, and used by The System; I don't want gigas of stuff passing through there, maybe getting stuck, or, as is the case with Guitar Pro, staying there for ever, as they squat the 'C' without any choice at all..! Grrr..!
Ah..! The key has arrived. Yes, I get to choose the destination, and it'll now run for the next two hours or so, maybe longer if I stream a film at the same time. Modern Times, I suppose.
Thanks for the heads up, though; I'm just not feeling too well this evening (post jab on top of generally 'rough' :( ...)
:hi:

1 minute ago, Dad3353 said:

; I'm just not feeling too well this evening (post jab on top of generally 'rough' :( ...)
:hi:

I had my second Jab (Pfizer) last week and it knocked me sideways for a couple of days. Really most unpleasant.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Thanks 1

For those in need of a good set of piano instruments, here a good one only £8.95

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/4461-Essential-Keyboard-Collection

- Steinway Grand Piano

- Upright Piano

- Yamaha Grand Piano

- Rhodes Mark I

- Rhodes Mark II

- Electric Organ

- Pianet 

- Harpsicord 

- Toy Piano

- Clavichord 

- Harmonium 

- Tonewheel Organs

- Church Organ 

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Mcgiver69 said:

For those in need of a good set of piano instruments, here a good one only £8.95

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/4461-Essential-Keyboard-Collection

- Steinway Grand Piano

- Upright Piano

- Yamaha Grand Piano

- Rhodes Mark I

- Rhodes Mark II

- Electric Organ

- Pianet 

- Harpsicord 

- Toy Piano

- Clavichord 

- Harmonium 

- Tonewheel Organs

- Church Organ 

Free drivestation and dubstation 2 with the purchace too. I was looking for a bub style LPF too! 

I'm going for this one for that alone!

• Thanks 1

Any thoughts on a decent set of drum samples? I sometimes think that there must be life beyond Logic's sample set.  I do not expect something for nothing - even though that never hurts.  But I just do not know where to even start looking

1 hour ago, owen said:

Any thoughts on a decent set of drum samples?...

How much work do you want to put into it, or are you looking for a one-box, 'plug'n'play' drum set..? Do you have a sample player..? If so, which one..? How about Kontakt (can do more than drums, but has some decent stuff...)..? I can recommend several, but it depends on what you'll be using. More detail, please..? :friends:

(Disclaimer : I don't know anything about Logic...)

Edited by Dad3353

Theres absolutely no reason not to try toontrack ez drummer. They offer a 30 day demo. 

Its brilliant. There are functions such as search, which allow you to tap out a groove with your mouse, and the software will go away and find a close match. 

Did I mention its brilliant?

Just now, GisserD said:

Theres absolutely no reason not to try toontrack ez drummer. They offer a 30 day demo. 

Its brilliant. There are functions such as search, which allow you to tap out a groove with your mouse, and the software will go away and find a close match. 

Did I mention its brilliant?

Agreed. I feel it's found that perfect balance between very approachable and easy to use, while offering enough depth and possibilities to really make the resulting drum tracks your own if you start digging.

You can always try MT-Powerdrumkit, it might not beat the Logic Drummer thingy but it has it's value and contains a ton of free drum loops that can be arranged as a song (much like EzDrummer).

If you are looking for a couple of free drumkits then you can always download the AVL-Drumkits (Made for AV-Linux but they have a vst version)

http://www.bandshed.net/avldrumkits/

Another great plugin is the Slate SD5.5 which is totally free and sounds fantastic.

I’d spend a bit of time learning Logic’s drummer. You can really tune the drums to bits, swap bits of kit & fire it off as a midi to do what you want with. 
Also worth making it multi out, so you can EQ & add effects to every bit of the kit.