Why become a member? ×

Heads up! Great VST deals spotted

Mcgiver69

On 27/12/2020 at 14:50, DaytonaRik said:

Loads of stuff on offer at Plug-in Alliance and a $20 discount with code MEGA-SALE-20OFF  I picked up Brainworks Console N channel strip (emulation of the Neve VSX) for $11!  Much cheapness!!!

apparently the code has been reset so you can use it again. I just got bx_boom for free.

6 hours ago, skidder652003 said:

apparently the code has been reset so you can use it again. I just got bx_boom for free.

They  reset it every day until 31st - just picked up their SSL 4000 E emulation (RRP $299, but it's regularly on sale) for $36 too!  Might have a nosey through the $20 and under section tomorrow for a freebie!

• Thanks 1

On 29/12/2020 at 09:44, skidder652003 said:

I just got Lindell Audio PEX-500 for free with this, much thanks!

I was looking at this, chucked in the extra tenner to get the full Lindell channel strip, seemed like a good deal! Haven't tried it yet but it might break my habit of using Waves SSL E Channel on absolutely every track 🤣

1 hour ago, mike257 said:

I was looking at this, chucked in the extra tenner to get the full Lindell channel strip, seemed like a good deal! Haven't tried it yet but it might break my habit of using Waves SSL E Channel on absolutely every track 🤣

I've picked up the Console N (Neve VXS), SSL 4000 E and the Lindell 80 (1073/1084) strips this week.  Popped the Lindell 80 onto a track I was struggling to get the kick right and bam!  Took me about 10 mins with this!

I've got a Slate FG-N habit in the same way - hopefully I can start to use the full functionality of the new strips (The Neve VXS looks particularly good) rather than the VMR but we'll see - the Slate solution is so elegant and simple - Preamp X, with EQ Y, add compressor Z, and bit of extra EQ here and there...genius and it sounds great too.

I got the Focusrite console as a freebie when I bought my interface but I can't get over the appearance - it just looks like a mad gaming machine on serious recreational substances!  The functionality is amazing but nope, can't look at it!!!!

By comparison, the VXS, SSL and Neve consoles all have a certain atheistic that doesn't burn into your retinas!!!!

Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 23.10.09.png

Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 23.12.17.png

Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 23.12.41.png

Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 23.11.47.png

Edited by DaytonaRik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mcgiver69 said:

I've already got a bunch of 1176's but hey - can't beat another one for free!

2 hours ago, Mcgiver69 said:

I'm probably being thick but I can't seem to find it even though I've signed up?

For those with a full Kontakt Vst...

I was trawling t'web for Japanese sounds, for this month's Composition Challenge (as one does...), and came across these very nice 'freebies'...

Strezov Sampling Freebies...

Once 'bought' (for 0€...), there is a Downloader to be er... downloaded; the running of which brings the Kontakt files and 'installs' them. I then move these files to their correct places on my System. Quality sounds, obviously limited in scope for major use (they're 'freebies'..!), but the other products proposed seem darned excellent, too, although more expensive than I have budget for at the moment. Still, a worthy find, which, I'm sure, will feature in my next composition. I've retained the address for other products for later on. B|

• Like 1

I saw that Spitfire LABS has been mentioned earlier in this thread, but I'd just like to recommend that again. Spitfire keep adding new instruments to it, and it's truly an inspiration machine. Each instrument is simple enough to where I don't get lost in parameters, but they all offer something unique and inspirational, especially if you like composing songs with a lot of ambience and darker textures.

11/10, would recommend.

https://labs.spitfireaudio.com/

My personal favourite is "Soft piano". Here's a little jam I was inspired to make when I first downloaded LABS and played around with it.

All synths in this track are from the LABS collection, and this was just me scratching the surface for a couple of hours.

Edited by Naigewron
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DaytonaRik said:

This is true - I as thinking the same thing when I saw the list in the plug-ins folder 👍🏻

yes it is a bit stupid from IK Multimedia but that's how they do things unfortunately. Try all of them, make a list of the ones that tell you you can't use and delete them. It seems you downloaded the T-Racks free version. there are some free gems there (Optical compressor, Classic compressor, Classic EQ and some other).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mcgiver69 said:

yes it is a bit stupid from IK Multimedia but that's how they do things unfortunately. Try all of them, make a list of the ones that tell you you can't use and delete them. It seems you downloaded the T-Racks free version. there are some free gems there (Optical compressor, Classic compressor, Classic EQ and some other).

Might be worth a look - as a Slate subscriber I've got access to a plugin for every occasion already!

1 minute ago, DaytonaRik said:

Might be worth a look - as a Slate subscriber I've got access to a plugin for every occasion already!

Well I have learned that there's not such thing as too many compressors and there are a couple of them that could get you a different flavour. Good Luck.

5 minutes ago, Mcgiver69 said:

Well I have learned that there's not such thing as too many compressors and there are a couple of them that could get you a different flavour. Good Luck.

Agree completely!  The Slate hybrid is excellent, and the FG-2A LA2A clone is tops!  They've got 3 (I think) 1176's too, each with transformer switches which (apparently) make a difference...not that my fatigued ears can tell between them!

Edited by DaytonaRik

4 hours ago, Mcgiver69 said:

Hadn't realised there was other free ones in the T Racks bundle. I'll have a dog through that. The 76 is great!