Why become a member? ×

** SOLD ** Precision body - Stingray Pickup routed - now £110
£150
East Herts

Hey you! Have a P or J neck lying around and always fancied a Stingray?  I got you dawg!

Had this P body made for me by guitarbuild.co.uk.  Total cost was around £240 for an unfinished body (with custom options) and control plates.

MM pickup is in the 'stingray sweet spot', which I spent a good deal of time researching to get right.  To clarify, there are 336.35mm from the centre of the 12th fret to the centre of the pickup (13 1/4 inches).

Pickup not included in price but also for sale. 

I routed a cutaway for upper fret access and came out quite well, if I do say so myself.  Has several coats of gunstock oil and has a few dings but that's part of the charm of an oiled body AFAIC.  There's a few deep but very marks around the control holes, when I got a bit enthusiastic with some tool or other.

Would be pretty easy to sand down and re-finish.

The diameter of the control holes are  10mm .

Was quite a long lead-time to have it made and I can't say it was a pleasant purchase experience but the end product was worth it. here are the details of the order. 

£110 - Delivery will be extra and would probably be around £10.  Can be collected from East Herts or West Herts or we can meet up somewhere in between.  Most weekends I'm in Essex so can meet up there also.

Trades: Would trade (hopefully with some cash my way) for a precision body or a high pass filter (HPF).

Material: Alder
Pieces: 2 Pieces
Material Shade: Alder
Neck Pocket: Rounded heel 63.5mm wide x 16mm deep (most popular) 4 holes
Neck Pickup: None
Bridge Pickup: None
Bridge: Top loader bridge position holes & vintage earth 
Countours: Front & Rear Contour
Battery Rout: Double Battery
Knobs: 4 Knobs
Control: Large Rear Control V1
Edge Rout: 6mm Most Popular