Why become a member? ×

Do Bass DIrect not answer emails?

ead

I've been trying to contact Mark at BD about ordering a bass; c.£2k price so not inconsequential.  Unfortunately where I work we have massively strict rules about personal calls and this makes it very difficult to phone during their opening hours so I have tried emailing via the website as well as via Facebook but all I get back is a stony silence.

Disappointed.

Oh well, it must just be me he dislikes.  Or maybe he needs to rename the place Bass Parts Direct.

I'll contact the manufacturer direct to see if I can get some bass goodness from them.

25 minutes ago, ead said:

Oh well, it must just be me he dislikes.  Or maybe he needs to rename the place Bass Parts Direct.

I'll contact the manufacturer direct to see if I can get some bass goodness from them.

Mate, I'm guessing they haven't received your email, I've emailed them early evening and had a reply late evening the same day several times. 

• Like 2

Thanks for all the reassurances folks.  I guess the email may have fallen into a spam filter but in the past I have used it successfully to communicate with them.

Also I got an automated response on the Facebook message saying that it had been received and that I would be contacted as soon as the office opened.

I am sure if you explained to your line manager making a 2 minute phone call wouldn't result in you getting handed notice.  I bought a short scale bass from there, when it arrived it was in fact a mistakenly described long scale.  One phone call sorted the issue inside a minute.

2 hours ago, bazzbass said:

where do you work where you get no break at all in which to make an outside call?

no lunch break? smoko break?

If I told you I'd have to kill you all 😎

Because of stuff around phones/cameras are left in lockers.  As to breaks etc. yes of course we have them but it's actually a bit of a hike to retrieve phone and go outside etc. etc. and ends up using quite a lot of the time available so I'd prefer not to have to do it.  Needs must however and I'll probably end up having to do this.

Deffo comes under the #firstworldproblems though.

Hopefully sorted now.  The manufacturer, who are renowned for their legendary levels of customare care, have put me in direct contact with their international sales team manager.

1 hour ago, ead said:

Hopefully sorted now.  The manufacturer, who are renowned for their legendary levels of customare care, have put me in direct contact with their international sales team manager.

.... and in the morning Human Resources will call you in to discuss 'certain emails'xD

13 hours ago, ead said:

Thanks for all the reassurances folks.  I guess the email may have fallen into a spam filter but in the past I have used it successfully to communicate with them.

I have had problems before too, which is a shame as I really don't do phoning.