Why become a member? ×

SOLD: G&L M2000 in HoneyBurst ACTIVE
£295
Leyland

la bam

Amazing bass at any money, but a true bargain at £295. The G&L M2000 tribute. Currently well over £600 new.

Firstly, before getting in to the detail, its important to know - I am only selling this as i am buying another G&L. Otherwise i would keep it forever. Dont forget, the "L" in G&L is for Leo Fender, and the pickups are designed by Fender's ex top pick up guy.

I bought this new a few weeks ago from a shop sale. Id always wanted a G&L but theyre very hard to find in shops. I bought it, played it and loved it.

It looks gorgeous in natural honeyburst and is in as new condition.

It has an 18v (yes 18v) preamp, but is different in the fact it has CUT and BOOST for 3 band eq - HIGH, MID and LOW, rather than just a HIGH and LOW CUT.

This gives you superb on the fly control to not only get your desired sound, but mix yourself in with the band quickly.

It has x2 humbuckers, and what is superb, it has a blend control to carefully mix the 2 together until your happy, rather than just a selector switch that is on the L2000.

There really isnt a sound you cant achieve quickly - precision, jazz and stingray - all there.

The bass looks gorgeous if you like the look, plays gorgeous and will set you apart from the usual p and j styles.

As i say, i would keep this without doubt, but i recently bought another G&L - a L100 - and loved it that much that i want an identical one as a spare, so my bank manager dictates that this has to go to fund it!

Photos to follow.

Pick up Leyland, Lancashire.

Some g&L spec:

The G&L M-2000 4-String Bass Guitar in Honeyburst is a variation on the model that was originally designed over three decades ago by Leo Fender himself as an attempt to break the status quo.

The G&L M-2000 features a lightweight carved Swamp Ash body that is joined by a medium C-shaped Hard-Rock Maple neck with a smooth and fast playing 21-fret Rosewood fingerboard with whit dot inlays.  The neck is finished off by the distinctive G&L headstock, a design that features every element of another well-known brand, but in a slightly different order.

The body of the G&L M-2000 is equipped with a pair of G&L M-spec Magnetic Field Design bass humbucker pickups that have been designed and made in Fullerton, California.  These incredibly powerful pickups are paired with a studio-quality 18v preamp with 3-band EQ, a setup that allows for a wide variety of different tones to be quickly and easily dialled in.

To round out the hardware fittings, the G&L M-2000 comes equipped with a Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock bridge that provides rock solid tuning stability and increased resonance, and a set of traditional open-back tuners.

The main features of the G&L M-2000 4-String Bass Guitar in Honeyburst include:

• Carved Swamp Ash body
  • Hard-Rock maple neck
  • 34” scale
  • Rosewood fingerboard with white dot inlays
  • 21 medium jumbo frets
  • Dual M-spec G&L MFD Humbucker pickups
  • Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle Lock bridge
  • Traditional open back tuners
  • G&L M-spec 18v preamp with 3-band EQ
  • Honeyburst finish

Features:

• Manufacturer: G&L
  • Series: Tribute
  • Body: Swamp Ash
  • Neck: Maple
  • Neck Profile: Medium-'C'
  • Neck Lacquer: Matte
  • Neck Construction: Bolt-on
  • Fretboard: Rosewood
  • Fretboard Radius in Inches: 12
  • Fretboard Type: Fretted
  • Number of Frets: 21
  • Fret Format: Medium Jumbo
  • Inlays: Dot
  • Nut type: Plastic
  • Nut width in mm: 42
  • Scale: Longscale
  • Scale (inch): 34
  • Manufacturer pickups: G&L
  • Pickup neck: No
  • Pickup middle: MFD Humbucker
  • Pickup bridge: MFD Humbucker
  • Active pickups: No
  • Piezo Pickup: No
  • Electronic: Active, G&L M-Spec Preamp
  • Control: Vol, Bal, Bass, Mid, Treble
  • Tuners: Vintage-Style
  • Bridge: G&L Saddle Lock
  • Number of Strings: 4
  • String spacing (mm): 19
  • Strap Button: Standard
  • Hardware: Chrome
  • Colour: Honeyburst
  • Finish: High-Gloss

Shown below is a stock photo, which captures the colour very well.

gundl-tribute-m-2000-rw-honeyburst_1_BAS0006399-000.jpg

Edited by la bam
  • Like 1

** please note as it's a high gloss finish and I've taken the photos in the evening with lights on, it is creating slight wavy images. These are a trick of the light. In the day it's just like the stock photo as youd expect.

Immaculate, G&L, active 18v, best balanced bass I've ever played. Real tone machine. £295. Can post at cost.

If it doesn't sell at this price this week, I'll be keeping it. It's far far too good to sell any cheaper.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...