Why become a member? ×

51 Precision re issue
£600
Manchester

keeponehandloose

FPyEMyn.jpg0PFGKrL.jpgMy Precision bass & fitted hard case for sale. I will list it as I believe to be correct but if the description isnt right please put me straight...

One of the early 2000's re issues with replacement pick up (Lolar?). There are a couple of small dings in lower edge and one on the upper...see photos. All the chrome is there to send this beauty right back to the 50's, all it needs is a tug bar!

Please check the serial number- you will see something scratched out, this is where the uncertainty lies. I know these were re issued in the OOties but I dont believe they came with the case.

Available to collect Manchester area but I can travel to meet up..

As I say if the comments above arent right Im happy to stand corrected.

More photos on request

9w3Cmcs.jpghjPC7sg.jpg

Edited by keeponehandloose
Date of origin appears to be 2002-2004..
  • Like 3

As seen in a thread started today on the Specials, Horace Panter is currently rocking a Made in Japan Jazz in venues nationwide. I have one too and am equally proud of it. So yes, scratching its origin out is ridiculous!

good luck with the sale...

I've had two of these and it is the one bass that I regret selling. Unfortunately I have gone a bit mad buying kit this year so can't entertain this. It goes without saying, good luck with the sale.

I too am very puzzled why a previous owner would scratch out the Crafted in Japan bit. The MIJ / CIJ used to be really rated in the early days of Basschat but that aside... it's, um, on the back of the neck!!!?!!! :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2019 at 09:31, BMBR said:

Please world stop scratching out "Made in Japan" !

I have 2 JVs (a strat and a tele) where the phantom scratcher of Olde London Towne has struck

Can't understand this practice myself - all the Fender & Squier Japan basses I've played have been absolutely top notch. More consistent than US Fender stuff I'd say....
Lovely looking bass btw :)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Marc S said:

Can't understand this practice myself - all the Fender & Squier Japan basses I've played have been absolutely top notch. More consistent than US Fender stuff I'd say....
Lovely looking bass btw :)

Agreed.. must admit Im getting rather fond of it since it went up for sale.

Edited by keeponehandloose