Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD - Lakland Skyline Decade 2008 - 2nd PRICE DROP - now £600
£650
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire

lou24d53

2008 Lakland Skyline Decade 

Was £650.00...     1st PRICE DROP - was £625.00...    2nd PRICE DROP - now £600.00

After much deliberation, I've decided I'm putting up for sale my Lakland Skyline Decade which had for a few years and has served me well, but since I switched bands last year, I've been with my P bass continually and it's hanging on the wall looking majestic, but not getting much use.

Here's a link to the website:

https://www.lakland.com/product/skyline-series-decade/

The single coil Lakland Chi-Sonic pickups give it superior “punch” with higher output and brighter upper midrange articulation than a standard single coil.

The Skyline Decade features an ash body and an industry standard passive • Volume • Volume • Tone control configuration, black headstock, and bound Indian Laurel fingerboard with pearl block position markers.

The previous owner had professionally modded to relocate neck pup, with new routing cut with copper shielding. The 2nd pickguard, exact same as original, also provided.

Comes with padded black and red leather strap with Dunlop Straplocks fitted.

Apologies, but I currently do not have spare hard case, or even a gig bag at present, so would far prefer collection.

** Edit 1: Gig bag sourced, could post at buyers expense, packaged up with neck removed to minimise potential for damage during transit **

** Edit 2: Weight-wise, on my trusty bathroom scales, flicking between 9lbs and 9.5lbs **

20190407_120144.jpg

20190407_120148.jpg

20190407_120714.jpg

20190407_120701.jpg

20190407_120723.jpg

20190407_121119.jpg

20190407_121216.jpg

20190407_121343.jpg

20190407_121303.jpg

Edited by lou24d53
Price drop to £625 - 09th May
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure, however a quick Google search shows a short scale US Lakland Decade on sale recently on TB.

There's also a few threads, one from here actually, discussing a prototype for a short scale Lakland Skyline Decade from back in 2008 / 2009, but I can't find anything to confirm whether they were ever produced.

2 minutes ago, krispn said:

Any pic’s of the pick up in the p position? Does the second pick guard accommodate the swapped pick up? 

I never had it in the P position, I'd need to try search on here for the ad I answered and see if they're still there...the seller reinstated it back to as pictured before I bought it.

Yeah, 2nd pickguard is cut to fit the modified P position. 👍

2 hours ago, krispn said:

Cracking looking bass too... but that Sherwood JO!!! 

2 hours ago, lou24d53 said:

Hands off.........😎😎

Yeah! First dibs here!!!

In all seriousness if you can find a Dudepit Ltd Edition Joe Osborne, buy it on the spot. This one (which I gigged exclusively for a couple of years) is a little heavy, but sounds SPECTACULAR!

Edited by Bigwan
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, markinson said:

How does affect the sound the pickup mod? I meant, did you tried the pickup in the middle position?

I didn't to be honest - it was re-modded back to the original position prior to me receiving it and as I was happy with the sound as is, I never felt the desire to change it back. 

• Like 1

You might get a bit more of that mid range P thing as opposed to a deeper EB-0 type vibe in the neck position. I think the 'P' mod along with the J would be a cracking sound on this bass!

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, talalala said:

How would you describe the neck of this bass? I mean would you call it deep or shallow?

Here's what the Lakland website says...

Screenshot_20190527-172335_Chrome.jpg

I'd say it is definitely chunkier than my Lakland JO Jazz, but certainly not to the extent of my Fender US P 👍

Edited by lou24d53

• 3 weeks later...