Why become a member? ×

apologies

Tuco

Hello folks

@Al Krow thanks for the kind `bygones` comment..

I hold my hands up for messing you and Joe Garcia around last year and apologise profusely and sincerely.

Without giving too much of a sob story, I went to hell and back last year, bereavements, split with my wife, couldnt see my daughter, ended up  homeless and `fell off` mentally. I became totally useless, unreliable and a right effing liability to everyone that knew me. Im just glad my bandmates stuck by me and didnt sack me.

Long, long story short : Ive turned my life back around, with the help of said bandmates and the local mental health team.

After 3 months living in a night shelter and a further 5 in a halfway house, I`ve sobered up and now have a council flat and regular contact (most days actually) with my daughter (she`s currently sound asleep in my bedroom)  and am engaged to a lovely straight talking Northern lass who my daughter adores.

I dont expect to be welcomed back into the BC fold with open arms, I just felt compelled to apologise to all and offer some sort of explanation, even though theres no excuse for my (out of my usual character I hasten to add) sh*tty behaviour.

Anyways, I hope you lot are all well and y`all take care.

One Love  x

• Like 8

@Tuco you're a better person than many I know to be able to share your story above.

Ok, so you were a little late in posting a pedal I'd bought off you but, given what you were going through, no big deal at all! 

It was not hard for me to cut you some slack back then, when I first got wind from you and confirmed by your BL what was going on - as my missus is a mental health professional in the NHS and she spends her days turning around broken lives.

You have some really great band mates and I'm truly delighted you have turned the corner.

As far as I am concerned, it's a privilege that our paths have crossed and you are immensely welcome back! 

• Like 5

Welcome back. A powerful and inspiring story, Tuco (apologies for the cliched choice of words but not much else fits) - I work in mental health and a recovery story such as yours is rather rare in my experience.

Hopefully you'll find the time and strength to provide peer support to others, as that seems to help more than medication/therapy alone.

• Like 1