Why become a member? ×

Höfner Club Bass black SOLD!
£350
Berlin, Germany

maut

EUR 390 / GBP 340

I´m selling my black Höfner Club bass because I finally found an old one from the 60´s.

I prefer the 500/2 Club basses over the 500/1 Beatles bass. The sound really is the same on both versions. But because of the different body shape the Club is way more comfortable to play, there´s not the awkward bending of the right wrist that I find annoying on the smaller Beatles bass.

The Höfner HCT series is the mid priced series with chinese made instruments fitted with original german pickups, same as they use in their handmade german versions of this bass.

The sound is fat and rich and resonant with loads of low end, and also quite versatile because of the two pickups. It definitely has the classic McCartney thumb, but also many other colors and responds nicely to various playing techniques.

I didn´t like the "Höfner Contemporary Series" print on the cover of the trussrod, so I simply polished it off because it was just a thin white print. Everything else is original and unmolested. The bass has been played only at home and never gigged, so it´s in very good used condition.

The bass weighs in at 2,9 kg.

I don´t have a case, but I´m good with packing, international shipping is no problem.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Edited by maut
  • Like 3