Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz, USA 2012, sunburst/tort/rosewood, EMG JVXs £750
£800
Kingston, Surrey

Brother Jones

The third of the basses I'm selling to cover funeral expenses. 

I bought this new, when on a Jazz craving I went to Denmark Street, and picked out the most playable Jazz I could find. Since then It has been modded with EMG JVX pups (which I'm a big fan of), and original active EMGs. Both sets of pups will be supplied with the bass, and are easily interchangeable, without soldering. The bass has not been routed to accommodate the EMGs and their circuit, as they will (just about) fit in the control cavity, with the usual removal of the tone pot washer. I may also have the original Custom Shop pups and loom, but will need to get into the loft to find them. 

It's not spectacularly light - about 4.3kg - but it's not a boat anchor like the 70s Jazzes I used to own. The action is low, and the 45-105 DR nicklewounds on it have some life left in them. 

No serious dints or scrapes, just light swirl marks. At some point I bought a direct replacement three-layer black plate, which will be supplied with the bass, as well as the original tort in the photos. 

Photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/QydUpTLJTLM4Hvix8

I can supply this in the original Fender hard case, with candy. 

Pickup in Kingston preferred, or meet in London/Surrey. Courier possible, at buyer's expense and arrangement. No trades please. 

Thanks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Brother Jones changed the title to Fender Jazz, USA 2012, sunburst/tort/rosewood, EMG JVXs £750