Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision, sunburst/tort/rosewood, Jap
£550
Kingston, Surrey

Brother Jones

I bought this about six months ago from a fellow BCer. It's one of the best Precisions I've owned; light, very even and smooth sounding, and in extremely good nick.

There are no obvious dints, just the usual swirls, and the tort guard is a nice looking one - not a craaazee red one. I think it has a Kent Armstrong pup, rather than a stock one, which probably accounts for the sweet and even tone. The action is low and there are no rattles or buzzes. 

When I say light, I'm serious - about 3.8 kg on my crappy bathroom scales. It has nearly-new DR nicklewound 45-105s, and will be supplied in a decent (probably Ritter) padded gig bag.

Pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bjunFCb3RdDZuyMy9

I'm selling to pay funeral expenses. No trades please. This is a very good deal. 

Pick up or meet in Surrey/London preferred, but courier possible at buyer's arrangement and expense. 

Edited by Brother Jones
  • Like 2

It's 42mm at the nut. Quite shallow. I'm usually a Jazz guy too, but this is one of the easier P necks I've used. 

BTW, the technical model name for this is a PB75US (so, a '75 reissue, hence the TV logo). Serial dates it either to 94-95, or 2006-2008.

Edited by Brother Jones
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brother Jones said:

It's 42mm at the nut. Quite shallow. I'm usually a Jazz guy too, but this is one of the easier P necks I've used. 

BTW, the technical model name for this is a PB75US (so, a '75 reissue, hence the TV logo). Serial dates it either to 94-95, or 2006-2008.

CIJ would mean 2006-08 probably as I believe the 90s ones were MIJ? I could be wrong though.

I'm very tempted to come give it a try, I'm only just down the road. Sorry to hear the reason for the sale 😟

I only just spotted your reason for selling this bass - and I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss :(

This bass looks an absolute stunner, and is my favourite colour / combination, with rosewood board and Tort plate
I have to say, I've not played a bad Japan Fender yet. I also prefer Jazz necks, generally speaking. But each MIJ / CIJ Precision I've played seems to have a slightly shallower neck,
and I've really liked the feel and playability of this. In fact, the extra width of the neck hasn't bothered me at all - it seems more comfortable somehow.

If I didn't already have my JVP, in this colour combo - I'd be sorely tempted
I may even keep my eye out for an MIJ P bass of this sort of age in white, and then sell something else
Can't go wrong with a Japan Fender IMHO

GLWTS

Incidentally, one of the photos of the back of this made it look as if the bass had an enormous paint chip. It doesn't - that was a reflection. So I've replaced that photo with a less reflective one. 

It does, however, have a very small point dint on the lower right hand side of the back, but too small to capture in a photo.